When you look at streaming services for TV, you will always find a large number of streaming services that cater to a large number of TV channels that are usually national or installational ones. While all of those channels are great, the best way to stay updated about your city or town is by watching or streaming local channels to your Vizio TV. In this guide, we will be looking at the various ways you can follow to watch local TV Channels on your Vizio TV.
Vizo’s range of TVs is popular since they offer good features at prices that are light on the wallet. The only difference between Vizio’s Smart TVs and other smart TVs in the market is the operating system. Vizio’s TVs run on their in-home OS known as Smartcast. With Smartcast running on Vizio TVs, you have access to a good number of free and paid apps that you can stream immediately. However, if local TV Channels are what you are looking for, then this is the guide for you.
How to Watch Local TV Channels on Vizio TV
Watch Local Channels via TV Antenna
Remember the good old days when the only way to watch anything on TV was by using a TV antenna? The good part about this is that many local TV channels can still be accessed on your Vizio TV. All you require is an indoor antenna and your Vizio TV. With both items in hand, you can follow these steps to scan for local channels on your Vizio TV.
- Ensure that one end of the cable is connected to your indoor antenna and the other end to the Vizio TV.
- Now, power up your Vizio TV and press the Input button on the TV remote.
- When the Input shows the letters ANT, it means it has detected the indoor antenna.
- Choose between the TV or the Tuner option. Once you select the Tuner Mode, you can choose between Auto Search or Manual Search.
- Select Auto Search. Your TV will now scan for any channels that are available to air via your antenna.
- When the scanning has been completed, you will be able to browse through the channels that have been found by the TV via the antenna using the Channel up or channel down buttons on the remote.
- If your Vizio TV doesn’t have a channel tuner, you can always connect a DVR to your TV and to your antenna and then scan for any channels that are available in your region.
Install Free Streaming apps or use WatchFree+
One of the best things about Vizio TVs is the WatchFree+, the app lets you watch over 250+ channels live and free. You just need to boot your Vizio Smart TV and then open the WatchFree+ to watch your favorite show or movie live. The new generation of Vizio TV remote has a dedicated WatchFree+ button, so you can instantly open it with a single press.
Apart from that, you can go to the app store and install the streaming app which offers free live channels or shows. Here’s a detailed guide on how you can install an app on a Vizio Smart TV.
Watch Local Channels via Cable Network
Cable network providers are still present in a good number of cities and people still prefer cable networks only just to watch local TV channels. Whether you plan to use Comcast, Dish, DirecTV, or even AT&T, you will be getting many channels that will be local to your city or state.
All you will have to do is purchase one of their plans that offer you local channels and also other national channels depending on the plan that you pick.
Watch Local Channels via Streaming Devices
Now, if you aren’t interested in investing in a cable provider, you have better options when it comes to getting cloak channels. Streaming devices synch as the Roku Stick, Amazon Firestick, or even the Google Chromecast device can be purchased and plugged into your Vizio TV’s HDMI input port.
The best part about these devices is you can easily install streaming apps that are completely free. Some of them might be ad-supported, but you get access to a good number of TV channels, including local channels. Here are the free TV streaming apps you can install on such devices.
Once you have these apps installed on the streaming devices, you can easily watch all of your local TV channels on your Vizio TV. This is a preferred method since the only purchase you would make is for the streaming device itself. You can just install a free streaming app for local channels and you are good to go.
These are the best ways you can follow to stream and watch local channels on your Vizio TV. Local channels are a great source for getting all updates about the news, weather, and sports that are happening in your city. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- How to fix Vizio Smart TV No Signal issue [5 Methods]
- How to Change Input Source on Vizio TV without remote
- How to Program your DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV
- List of Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TVs
- How to add HBO Max to Vizio Smart TV
- How to Fix Apple AirPlay Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Connect Android Phone to Vizio Smart TV [Guide]