Vizio has a great range of Smart TVs that are perfect for those who want a ton of features, but at the same time do not want to spend much. With a Smart TV from Vizio, you will be able to stream all o your favorite apps right away – whether you choose to download the app to your Vizio Smart TV or even stream the apps from your mobile device wirelessly. Today, we will be taking a look at how to use Apple AirPlay on Vizio TV and also look at troubleshooting methods when Apple AirPlay might not be working on your Vizio Smart TV.
There are benefits of streaming your favorite apps from your phone to the TV. The service might not have an app for your TV, or it could be that your TV no longer is supported to install new apps or even update the existing ones. However, today we will be taking a look at how you can use Apple AirPlay on your Vizio TV as well as troubleshooting methods in case Appel AirPlay isn’t working on your TV.
Apple AirPlay on Vizio Smart TVs
Supported Vizio Smart TVs
- Vizio OLED (2020)
- Vizio P-Series Quantum X (2019, 2020)
- Vizio P-Series Quantum (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Vizio P-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Vizio M-Series Quantum (2019, 2020)
- Vizio M-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Vizio E-Series (2016, 2017 and 2018 UHD models)
- Vizio V-Series (2019, 2020)
- Vizio D-Series (2018, 2019)
Use Apple AirPlay 2 on Vizio Smart TVs
If you have any of the above Vizio Smart TV models, then you can easily make use of Apple AirPlay. You can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First off, connect your Vizio Smart TV as well as your Apple device to the same WiFi network.
- Now, launch the app that you wish to stream to your Vizio Smart TV. It could be any streaming app whether it’s audio or video.
- You will see the AirPlay icon on the app. Simply tap on it.
- No, your Apple device will begin to look for AirPlay-enabled displays.
- When you find your Vizio Smart TV, tap on it.
- In this way, you can stream to your TV using Apple AirPlay 2.
Troubleshoot Apple AirPlay 2 Not Working
Now, there can sometimes be issues with the Appel AirPlay 2 service not working properly on your Vizio Smart TV. This can be a headache, especially for those who make a lot of use of Apple AirPlay 2. We have mentioned the troubleshooting steps below to help fix this type of issue.
Ensure Apple AirPlay 2 is Enabled
By default, Apple AirPlay is usually enabled right out of the box. But, if you think that someone might have turned the option off on your Vizio Smart TV, it is best to check whether it has been disabled.
- Grab the TV remote and press the V button on it. You can also press the Home button if there is no V button.
- With the menu on your screen, select the Extras option.
- Now, select the AirPlay option from the menu.
- Make sure that it’s set to On. if not, ensure to change it from Off to On.
Update Yor Vizio Smart TV
Some Vizio Smart TVs get the Apple AirPlay 2 option via a software update. So if you see your TV is compatible but you cannot see the Apple AirPlay option, you might have to update it.
- Press the Menu or the V button on your Vizio TV remote.
- Scroll through the menu and select the System option.
- Now, highlight and select the Check for Updates option.
- The TV will now check for updates. If there are any available, make sure to download and install them.
- Once all the updates have been installed, you should now be having Apple AirPlay 2 on your supported Vizio Smart TV.
Reset Vizio Smart TV
If everything fails, or you feel that the issue hasn’t been resolved, it is advisable to perform a factory reset of your Vizio Smart TV. You can follow this guide that shows you four different ways to perform a factory reset on your Vizio Smart TV.
Use Supported iOS device
Now, not every iOS device supports Appel AirPlay 2. So you will have to ensure that you meet the following requirements
- The device should be running iOS 12.4 or Higher
- iPod gen 6 and above
- iPhone 5S and newer
- iPad Mini 2 and newer
- iPad gen 5 and newer
- iPhone SE gen 1 and newer
If you have any of the above devices, make sure that it is updated to the latest iOS version for better functionality.
And this is how you can fix the issue of the Apple AirPlay not enabled or not working on your Vizio Smart TV. If at all even the reset method doesn’t solve the issue, it would be advisable to contact the customer support of your Vizio Smart TV. We hope this guide has helped you to fix the issue for Apple AirPlay. If any of the steps above have helped you, do let us know about it in the comments below.