Snapchat is a popular social media platform that lets you share text, images, and videos easily with your friends or to the world, depending on what you choose. Now what’s unique about Snapchat is that it can make your text and everything else disappear within 24 hours. Now, Snapchat is being used by millions of people including celebrities even though the Stories feature is available on other platforms. While messages get automatically deleted, it can be a bit annoying. Read along to know How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages and Media.
If you have ever had a conversation with someone on Snapchat, you might have noticed that the messages and anything shared on the char screen vanish away if you close them and reopen the chat screen. Now, this can be a bit annoying, but that is how Snapchat works. You could call it disappearing messages. For example, you might have wanted to see what the particular text was but can now no longer see anything. If you are one of those who wish to look back at old and deleted messages, here is a guide on how you can recover deleted messages on Snapchat.
How to Recover Deleted Messages in Snapchat
Before we go ahead into knowing how to recover deleted messages on Snapchat, here is something that you can do to not let your messages get deleted. While you are on a conversation screen, you can tap on a message and select save the message. While this might be a good idea to be able to keep the messages, it does get annoying since you will have to do it for every text you and the person sends. Plus, you will have to do it for almost every conversation, and that is a bit annoying. Let’s take a look at some more conventional ways to recover deleted messages on Snapchat.
Method 1: Use Recover My Snapchat Data Option
Every platform has a feature where it lets you download all your data. This can consist of information such as profile information, chats, media, and other information as well. You can also do the same on Snapchat by requesting all of your data. Here is how you can do it.
- Open the web browser on your phone or PC.
- Now, head over to the Download My Snapchat Data.
- You will be asked to log in with your email and password.
- Once logged in you will be taken to Your Data page.
- Select messages as well as other data that you wish to download.
- Tap on the submit button. The Support team at Snapchat will now begin to prepare an archive of the data you have selected.
- This archive preparation can take some time depending on the data that you have selected.
- Once everything has been prepared, you will then receive an email with the link to download your data.
- With the zip file downloaded, extract it and look for the index.html file.
- Open it using a browser. You will be able to see all the messages that have been sent and received from the day you started using Snapchat.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android
In case you didn’t want to download your Snapchat data and have an Android device, you are totally in luck as there is a simple and easy way to be able to recover deleted messages.
- On your Android device open up your File Manager
- Now, navigate to the Android folder.
- After that select the Data folder.
- Scroll through the lift of folders till you find the com.snapchat.android. Open his folder.
- You will see a folder called Files. Open it
- Now, rename these files by adding a .nomedia extension.
- You should now be able to read all the messages and see the media that you have sent and received over Snapchat.
- If you have a PC with you, connect your Android device via the USB cable and navigate to the same folder. You will be able to view all the contents right away.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iOS
With regards to iOS. It’s not as simple as being able to browse through the File Manager on Android. However, you can make use of some free tools such as FoneLab that lets you view your Snapchat messages on your system. For this, you will have to connect your iOS device to your PC via the USB cable and hit the Scan button. The program will start scanning your device and then bring up the results in various categories. You will have to look for the Snapchat Messages folder, select it and then browse through it to view all your messages. If you want, you can choose to Recover the folder to your system’s desktop.
Method 4: Recover using Dumpster App
The Dumpster App is a free Android app on the play store that you can use to recover any type of data on an Android. The app is free to download and use. All you need to do is simply open the Dumpster app and look for the deleted images and any media as such. However, before you begin to search for Snapchat media, you will have to activate the app to enable it to search for Snapchat Media. Once done, you can find all the images. However, do note that not every image or media will be available as it all depends on the cache files of Snapchat and when they were last deleted.
So, these are the ways that you can use to recover deleted Snapchat messages and media on your Android or iOS device. If you have your third-party data recovery software for Android and iOS, this software will also work perfectly in helping you recover such Snapchat media.