YouTube TV is a great streaming service, especially for those who have just moved away from the traditional cable network connection. The reason why a lot of people prefer going with YouTube TV is because of its channel lineup. You see, YouTube TV lets you stream TV channels that are local to your area. This helps you get the latest news, sports, and weather updates instantly.
The other reason why people prefer to pick YouTube TV over other services is its ability to record your favorite shows or programs that you might not be able to watch live. Plus, did you also know that when you record shows and programs with YouTube TV, the recorded field does not count for any type of storage space? This lets you record as much as you want without having to worry about anything at all.
So if you plan to record content using YouTube TV, this is the guide for you.
Recording Feature on YouTube TV
Before we look at the steps that you need to follow to record your favorite programs and shows on YouTube TV, there are a few things that you will need to know.
- Recorded content does not take up space on your DVR.
- Live TV Programs will be made available for a total of 9 months.
- Other recorded programs will stay in storage based on the channel’s agreement.
- Recordings begin 30 minutes early for sports events and 1 minute early for other shows and programs.
- To view a recorded program, an internet connection is necessary. These recordings are not available offline.
How to Record TV Shows on YouTube TV
Now that you know the important points about recording on YouTube TV, here are the steps to use the recording feature on YouTube TV.
- Open YouTube TV and search for the program that you wish to record.
- When you see the program click on the Add to Library button present to the left.
- YouTube TV will begin to record current as well as future episodes or shows of the program automatically.
- You can also click on the Remove icon to stop recording and remove all the recordings.
How to Record Live TV on YouTube TV
Apart from the shows and movies, YouTube also offers you a good number of local TV channels based on your location So, if you’re watching something on one of the many Live TV channels out there, here are the steps that you can follow or record them on YouTube TV.
- Open the YouTube TV app and browse through the Live TV channels list.
- Select the Live TV channels that you want to watch and record.
- Once you have the Live TV channel playing its content, pause the streaming.
- Press the Ok button to see options, then Select Add to Library option.
How to Record Live Sports on YouTube TV
A lot of people prefer subscribing to YouTube TV simply because there are a lot of Sports channels for you to watch. Plus, if you want even more Sports channels on YouTube, you can always subscribe to the Sports Add-On pack that gives you 10+ sports channels. One good feature of YouTube TV is the free recording option. Here are the steps that you can follow to record Live Sports on YouTube TV.
- Launch the YouTube TV app and search for the Sports event or team that you want to record.
- Once you have selected the particular sport or event that you wish to record, choose the Add to Library option.
- You should now see a good number of recording options. Here you will be able to choose the event that you want to record.
- Select the event and you are good to go.
- YouTube TV will now record the event as and when it goes live or airs.
How to View Recorded Content on YouTube TV
Now that you know how to enable recording on YouTube TV, it is now time to know the steps that show you how you can view all of your recorded content.
- Launch the YouTube TV app on your TV and head over to the Library Tab.
- On your left side, you will be able to see various categories.
- Select the category from which you have set YouTube TV to record.
- Here, you will be able to choose from the various programs that you have set to be recorded.
- Select the program and click on the Watch Now button.
- Do note that you need to be connected to the intent to stream your recorded YouTube TV content.
How to Delete Recorded Content on YouTube TV
Once you’ve streamed all the content that you have recorded with YouTube TV, you can go ahead and delete them. It’s not like the content will hog up any of your DVR space, but if you simply don’t like to see old content anymore, it’s best to get rid of them. Follow these steps to delete old recorded content on YouTube.
- Open the YouTube TV app.
- Now, navigate to the Library tab and select it.
- Here you will be seeing all the content that has been recorded by YouTube TV.
- Choose the recording that you wish to delete.
- Select the video which you want to delete, then click on Added to Library option to remove it from the library or the delete option.
- This will now remove the recording from your library.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily record, view and delete recorded content on YouTube TV. These steps are simple to understand and should not take you more than 20 seconds to figure out. To know more about YouTube TV, you can check out this guide. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- How to watch YouTube videos on Apple Watch
- How to Lock YouTube Screen on iPhone and Android [Guide]
- How to enable Picture in Picture on YouTube Android
- How to fix YouTube TV not working on Roku TV [Guide]
- Google TV Channels (Streaming Services) – The Complete List
Screenshots via Michael Saves YouTube TV Guide