Windows 11 has a ton of options that you can choose to customize the look and feel of your PC. Whether it is making changes with the tools that are available within the Settings app or by using third-party tools such as StartIsBack or Explorer Patcher. Apart from these tools, there is a very well-known tool that you can use to customize how your desktop looks. It is none other than the popular Rainmeter Desktop app. Today, we will be taking a look at how to install Rainmeter along with its setup guide for Windows 11 PC.
The thing with Rainmeter is that you can change the way your desktop looks. Instead of having the basic boring plane desktop, Rainmeter lets you install various types of skins as well as let you even add various types of elements on your desktop for aesthetics or maybe just for ease of access. No matter how wild your imagination goes, you can make it come alive thanks to Rainmeter. So, let’s get right into how you can install Rainmeter on your Windows 11 PC.
How to Install Rainmeter on Windows
So, let’s talk about Rainmeter. It is a free-to-use customization program for Windows. Also, it’s an open-source program, this simply means that you can access its source code by heading here to its GitHub page. And don’t worry, the latest version of Rainmeter works and supports Windows 11 PCs very well. Let’s start with downloading the Rainmeter.
- The first thing you need to do is to connect your PC to the internet and launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, you can head over to the official Rainmeter website.
- The latest version will be available to download. To download, simply click on the blue button that says download. Its file size is around 2.4 MB.
- Once the file has been downloaded, run the program. You will be asked to choose a language.
- Next, you will be asked to pick from the standard or portable installation. Choose standard. Click Next.
- Now, you will be asked if you want to install the 64-bit version and launch Rainmeter on startup. Choose options as per your preference and hit Install.
- Rainmeter will now begin to install on your Windows PC.
- Once the installation has been completed you can choose to run the program right away.
- When you run it, you will be greeted with a welcome screen that will look something just like this.
Now that you have installed Rainmeter on your Windows 11 PC, it’s time to adjust and set it up. Once installed you will be greeted by the welcome screen. Simply click on the option that says Finding Skins. You will be taken to the Rainmeter official website and a list of a few sources for you to download Rainmeter skins will be displayed. Some of the sources from where you can download such skins are as follows:
Now that I have mentioned various sources for where you can get the Rainmeter skins, it is now time to set up the skin. As an example, I will be downloading a skin from DevianArt. You can download it from anywhere. The setup process is the same.
Setup Rainmeter Skin
- First, pick up the skin that you like and wish to install on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now, if you are downloading the skin from DevianArt, make sure to create an account or log in, as it won’t be possible to download the skin without an account.
- Once you have your account and have found the skin that you want to download, click on the download arrow.
- As an example, here I will be downloading the Redzzo skin designed by xenium-ART.
- The installer will have a size. This will depend on what elements are added to the skin.
- Once the skin has been downloaded, double click on it to run it.
- You will be seeing a screen similar to the one below.
- On this screen, you will be able to choose whether you want to install everything or just a few things.
- Once decided, the skin will be launched right away on your Desktop.
- To make changes to the positions, simply right-click on the Rainmeter icon on the taskbar.
- Everything should be good to go.
- And finally, you should get something that looks like this.
Best Rainmeter Themes
Are you confused as to what would be the best Rainmeter Skin or theme that you would wish to install? We have you covered! You can head over to our 20 Best Rainmeter Skins that you can download and install to customize your Windows 11 PC. There are some pretty good-looking themes out there that you can install and see for yourself.
Armed with this guide, you can now easily be able to install Rainmeter on your Windows 11 PC. Plus, you will also be able to customize the look and feel of your plain Windows 11 desktop. Do note that if you will be playing your games and wish that Rainmeter didn’t use your resources, you can simply set it to Game Mode and you should be good to go. What do you think about Rainmeter? Do you think it’s useful to have such a large number of customization options? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.