Steam. One of the most popular games store for PC gamers. It has been around for such a long time, and it still continues to be the best one out there as compared to its competition. It has got a ton of features and also a huge library of free and paid games alongside other software that can be easily purchased, Ohm and not to forget about the sales that take place throughout the year. Now because there are many offers available, people tend to buy games at really cool prizes and this eventually clogs up your library. So the best you can do is to hide your games in the Steam library. Today we will be taking a look at how to hide and unhide games in Steam.
There could be many reasons that you might wish to hide in your library. Maybe you share the account with someone in your family, and you do not want them to play a particular game. Or just that your library seems to be way too crowded. In this case, it is advisable to hide your games in the Steam library. Sometimes, you might just want to play that one particular game that you hid from your library sometime back or probably even some years back. In this case, you would need to unhide the game. So, today we will be taking a look at how to hide or unhide a game on Steam.
Hide and Unhide a Game In Steam
Before we begin with the steps, you need to understand that by hiding a game, you will only be making it invisible to you in the Steam library. It is not like you will be removing the game altogether from your account. The only games that you can remove from your account are the free games. There is one simple and easy method to hide and unhide games. Let’s get started.
Hide Your Games on Steam
- Launch the Steam client and make sure it is updated to the latest version.
- If you are required to sign in, sign in with your credentials.
- Now, click on the Library menu in the Steam client.
- You will now be shown all the games that are tied to your Steam account.
- To hide a game from your library, select the game that you wish to hide.
- For this example, we will be using Euro Truck Simulator 2 to hide and unhide the game. Now, right-click on the game. A context menu will now appear.
- From the context menu, click on Manage, followed by Hide this Game.
- The game will now be hidden in your Steam Library.
Unhide Your Games on Steam
- Now, launch the Steam client and sign in with your account.
- In the top left corner of the Steam client, you will see the View menu bar.
- Click on View, You will get a drop-down menu. From this menu, select Hidden Games.
- Now, on the left-hand side of the client, you will see the Hidden heading.
- Under that, you will see the games that you have hidden.
- Right-click on the game and click on Manage.
- And finally, click on Remove from Hidden.
- Now the game has been unhidden from your Steam library and will be visible right away.
And this is how you can hide and unhide your game son Steam. As you see, the process is simple and super easy. It should take you around a minute or so to be able to hide and unhide the games of your choice. We hope this simple and easy guide has helped you to hide and unhide games on Steam. Do let us know your thoughts or queries in the comments below.