Smart TVs are useful in many ways. You can use them to watch your content via cable or through Wi-Fi, use them as a display to play games, or for that matter even as a presentation screen. You can with the help of screencasting and screen mirroring use your Smart TV as a presentation screen. All thanks to the technology of Wi-Fi and a great feature known as Chromecast you can simply use your mobile device or PC to use the TV as an additional display. Considering that Chromecast has been created by Google, most of the Google apps can cast to any Chromecast device. If you like to share and display photos using the Google Photos app, here is a guide on how to cast Google Photos to TV.
The Google Photos app is a great app that lets you browse, edit and store pictures using Google Drive. If you want more space, you can always purchase the other storage plans that Google offers. The good part about Google Photos is that you can access it for free on your Android, iOS, or Windows and Mac devices easily. So, if you are someone that likes to share or cast images on the TV, this is the guide for you.
How to cast Google Photos to Smart TV from Android
- First, you need to have the Google Photos app. If you don’t, download the app from the Play Store.
- Now, ensure that your particular smart TV is on and is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Your Android device should also be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as that of the smart TV.
- With the Google Photos app launched make sure to sign in with your Google account.
- To display a particular image or for that matter even an album, select it.
- Now, in the top right corner, you will see a wireless display icon.
- Tap on the Cast icon. The device will now begin to look for wireless displays that are connected to the same network.
- Once you find your smart TV from the list, tap on it.
- You will now be able to view and cast your Google Photos from an Android device to the Smart TV.
How to cast Google Photos to Smart TV from iPhone or iPad
- Download the Google Photos app. Or, if you have it installed, make sure t is running on the latest version.
- You will need to connect your iPhone or iPad and the smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once both devices are connected to the network, launch the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in to the app with your Google account.
- You will now see all the photos and videos that you have backed up to Google Photos.
- Select the photo or album that you wish to cast to your smart TV.
- Once you have selected the photo or album, tap on the cast icon.
- The cast icon is present in the top right corner of the app.
- A menu will pop up which will begin searching for wireless displays that are on the same network.
- Select your smart TV from the list. The photo or album will now be cast over to your smart TV ‘s display right away.
- To stop casting, tap on the cast icon on your device and then tap on the Disconnect option.
How to cast Google Photos to Smart TV from PC
- Power up your computer and connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
- Also, make sure that your smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, you need to launch the Google Chrome browser. If you do not have it, download t for free right away.
- Once your Google Chrome has been updated and installed, head over to photos.google.com.
- You will have to sign in with your Google account.
- Once you have done that open the Google Photos album you want to cast to your TV.
- Now click on the three dots menu icon on Google Chrome or Edge.
- A menu will open. Select the Cast option.
- It will begin to look for wireless displays. Select your TV from the list.
- You will now be casting your Google Photos from your computer to the smart TV.
- You can stop casting by clicking the three dots followed by cast and finally clicking on Stop Casting.
And this is how you can cast your Google Photos from any device to your smart TV wirelessly. Just a working Wi-Fi network, a smart TV, and your mobile device or PC are more than enough to cast the images. You can now look at all the good memories on the big screen easily.
You May Also Like – Pluto TV integration to Google TV brings 300 Free Channels
If you have any queries on how to cast Google Photos to Smart TV, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: