Apple has recently announced iOS 13 in the ongoing WWDC 2019 event. If you are using an iOS device then you must be waiting for this update from a long time. And you will be happy to know that we have found a guide to install iOS 13 on an iPhone right now. The method will work for developers as well as other iOS users. Here’s the step by step guide on How to Install iOS 13 Beta on any iPhone using Mac & Windows.
Apple has officially released this iOS 13 Beta 1 update for developers only, but in case if you are not a developer then also you can install the iOS 13 Beta. Although the iOS 13 public beta will be released in July so make sure to enroll for the beta. We have included two methods one for developers and the second for common users. Of course, the second one is going to be complex because it’s not a method from Apple. Also, you need to make sure of some points if you are upgrading your iPhone to iOS 13 beta (points mentioned below).
iOS 13 Features – Reasons to Update your iPhone
iOS 13 comes with a lot of new features which can be the perfect reason to update your iOS device. Apple has done a pretty good job on implementing necessary features that users were hoping. Let’s talk about all the feature one by one.
- Dark Mode: The system-wide dark mode is now official for iOS users with this iOS 13 beta update. This is not an alternative this is the real dark mode. Android has already provided dark mode with Android Pie update and now Apple also managed to provide this useful feature. The dark mode effect takes place in all the system Apps including Settings, Calendar, iMessage, News, and other system Apps. You can easily turn it on from Display & brightness settings.
- Faster Face-ID: With iOS 13 update the Face ID will be more responsive. Talking about numbers Apple reveals that it will be 30% faster than before. So it’s going to be a good update for iPhone X and newer iPhone users.
- Quick Path Keyboard: Finally the swipe on the keyboard to type words is now available with iOS 13 and Apple is calling it Quick Path Keyboard. If you have used Android Phone or third-party keyboards like Swipe keyboard then you probably know about this feature.
- Revamped Photos App: Photos App gets a new user interface which is now easy to use as compared to the App in iOS 12. Some new tools are also added to edit photos.
So these are some main features that you will see in iOS 13 beta 1. It’s not a complete list of features included in iOS 13 beta 1. There are many more features that you will see like volume increasing/decreasing animation is now shifted from center to side, new Safari Browser, updated Notes App etc. You must be wondering if the iOS 13 will be supported on your device or not, so check out the list of supported iOS devices.
Which iOS Device will get iOS 13 Update?
Earlier there were talks during the leaks that which iOS device will get the iOS 13/iPadOS 13 update. Well, now we have the official list of iPhone, iPads and other iOS devices which will receive the iOS 13/iPadOS 13 updates.
- iPhones: iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max.
- iPads: iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad (5th Gen), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro 2nd gen (12.9-inch), iPad (6th Gen), iPad 2018.
- iPod: iPod Touch (7th Gen)
If your device is in the list then you can update your phone to iOS 13/iPadOS 13 Beta 1.
How to Install iOS 13 Beta on iPhones
Apple has announced the iOS 13 with the availability of iOS 13 beta 1 for developers. Apple also mentioned that the Public beta will release after a month. But don’t worry we have the guide by following you can update your iPhone/iPad even if you are not a developer. As this is a beta update you will find bugs and its not stable. So update your phone at your own risk.
Note: Updating to iOS 13 beta is easy but downgrading is very difficult. Also, the backup created in iOS 13 update cannot be restored after degrading.
- Make sure to backup your iPhone/iPad using iTunes
- Use only Mac (Windows will not work for this method)
- iTunes is required
- Update to the latest version available
Downloads (Not for Developers)
Install iOS 13 Beta 1 on iPhones for Developers
- Open your Browser and go to Apple’s Developer website.
- Click on Account and log in with your Developer account.
- After login click on Downloads to open the download page.
- In the download page, click View all under iOS 13 Beta section.
- Select your iPhone from the list and it will download the iOS 13 Beta update file.
- In download Page go back to the top and switch to Applications.
- Download Xcode 11 beta from the link and install it on your Mac.
- Connect your Phone to Mac using USB cable and Open iTunes.
- In iTunes, click on the iPhone icon just above the Library section.
- Copy the downloaded iOS 13 Beta update file to the desktop.
- Now in iTunes, hold Option Key (Left Alt key) and click on ‘Update’ together.
- Locate and select the recently copied file in Desktop. And then click on Open > Update.
- Wait for the process and enjoy iOS 13 on your iPhone.
Install iOS 13 Beta 1 on iPhones [Without Developer Account]
- Copy the downloaded IPSW file to the desktop.
- Turn off ‘Find My Phone’ on your iPhone (Settings > Account >iCloud).
- Open iTunes on Mac and connect your iPhone to PC.
- In iTunes click on iPhone icon to open phone profile.
- Hold the Option key (left Alt key) and click on Check for Update.
- Locate the IPSW file and click Open > Update.
- The process will start and it will take time, so wait for the completion.
- That’s it now you have successfully installed iOS 13 Beta 1 on your iPhones.
How to Install iOS 13 Beta 1 on iPhone using Windows
- Take a full backup using iTunes
- Download IPSW File for your Model (Link)
- Remove Passcode from your device
- Download iDeviceRestore (use clone or download button)
Steps to Install iOS 13 Beta 1 using Windows
- Extract the downloaded iDeviceRestore zip file (libimobile file).
- Make a new folder and inside the folder copy the IPSW file and libimobile folder.
- Connect your phone to Windows PC (Close the iTunes if it opens).
- Open Command window on PC.
- Open the libimobile folder. Drag the iDeviceRestore.exe file and drop on the command window. After this press space and type -d and again press space. Don’t press enter now.
- Go back the new folder (where IPSW and libimobile folder are located). Drag the IPSW file and drop in the Command window.
- Now press Enter and let the process begin. Wait for the process (about 20 minutes).
- After completion, you will see DONE message on the Command window. Now you can unplug the device.
- The iPhone will boot automatically and restore all the data (It will take around 20 minutes).
- After restoring date the iPhone will boot into the system.
- That’s it you have finally installed the iOS 13 Beta 1 on your iPhone using Windows.
So this was the step by step guide to install iOS 13 Beta on iPhones with developer account and without developer account. You may find some bugs in iOS 13 beta because its an early build testing version and Apple will never recommend you to download except for developers.
If you have installed the iOS 13 beta 1 on your iPhone then enjoy its features. Also share the guide with other iPhone users, if they want to experience iOS 13. With this, I will finish this guide. Enjoy!
Guide for iPhones: