If you want to get rid of duplicate files from your phone or pc then you need Duplicate File Finder tools or apps. Here are best Duplicate File Finder and remover apps for Android and Windows 10/8/7.
No one wants junk files on their devices and duplicate files are also considered as junks because they eat storage without their use. So it is recommended to remove these duplicate files from a system using duplicate file finder tools. I will only share best free duplicate file finder because this is not a feature for that we should pay.
The duplicate files are created because of many reasons. In case of very less duplicate files, we can remove them manually. But for devices having a lot of duplicate files including photos, videos, documents, and other files are required a tool to remove all the duplicate files without any problem. Using a Duplicate file removal tool will make it very simple to clean or free up some space on a device.
Best Duplicate File Finder for Android
In Play Store you can find many tools named duplicate file remover but not all of them are good. In fact in my opinion File Explorer are better apps to handle junk files and duplicate files. Also, File Explorer provides other useful features as well.
1. ES File Explorer
This is one of the best file explorers for Android with a lot of features. ES File Explorer is a heavy app so if you only want to access files and remove duplicate files the don’t use this app. But if along with these features you also want other features such as root manager, Android FTV, Remote manager and more. Talking about removing duplicate files it offers deep analysis of duplicate files including images. Check out below how to use it to remove duplicate files.
- Install ES File Explorer from the Play Store for free.
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Click on Analyze and wait for the process completion.
- Then scroll down below and find Duplicate Files section.
- Now select all the duplicate files and delete it.
2. Files Go
Files Go is a file explorer app from Google LLC mainly to get rid of junk and redundant files. The main agenda of the file explorer is to clean up space by removing all the junk files. It also has the option to send and receive files between two files go users.
- Install and open Files Go from the Play Store.
- Go to the Clean tab.
- Select Duplicate Files section.
- Select files to delete and tap on delete.
3. File Manager (Asus)
This File Manager is from Asus Computer Inc and comes pre-installed on ZenUI devices. It is free and comes with duplicate file finder feature. The best thing about the File Explorer is that it also shows the file path and then you can choose one file to delete. This is really great and useful if we want to delete files from a specific destination. See how to use this free duplicate file finder.
- Install and open Asus File Explorer from Play Store.
- Go to Storage Analyzer.
- Now click on Duplicate files section.
- Choose the files and tap on delete.
4. FX File Explorer
FX File Explorer is simple and easy to use file manager app. The app is free and available on Play Store. Also, the duplicate file finder feature is available on this file explorer. If you like to use a lite file explorer with minimum app size then this could be the best choice. In case if you don’t want to use a file explorer app and only want to use duplicate file finder on your Android phone then you can use one of the app from fifth and sixth.
- Install and open FX File Explorer.
- Tap on Cleaning Tools.
- Now tap on Remove duplicate files and wait for the process.
- Now expand files and select files and tap Delete.
5. Duplicate Files Fixer
As the name depicts this is the app specifically for the duplicate file finder and remover. In this app, there are options to scan different duplicate items such as Images, Videos, Documents, Audio. This tool will also analyze the same images with different names so that’s a great advantage.
- Install and open Duplicate Files Fixer.
- Select one from the option and click on scan now.
- The files will be automatically selected so just tap on delete.
6. Duplicate File Remover
Another best free duplicate file finder and remover app for Android. This app also provides options to select from different categories such as Scan Duplicate Images, Scan Duplicate Audio, Scan Duplicate Videos, Scan Duplicate Docs, Scan All Other Files. Other than duplicate file finder tool it also has other option to remove junks. You can definitely try this tool on your Android phone.
- Install and open Duplicate File Remover.
- Select one option and wait for the process.
- Then click on delete button.
Best Duplicate File Finder for Windows
The computer is a place where duplicate files are located on different directories and creates confusion. Also, it takes many GBs of the computer storage which no one likes. So here we will look at some best duplicate file finder for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
It is one of the best utility tools for computers. CCleaner is full of features to manage storage. It allows users to clean junk files, uninstall apps, registry cleaner, system restore, drive wiper and more. This tool is really helpful and a must have tool for windows user. The tool also reminds users time for cleaning junk files. Removing cache and other junk files from system disk improve speed.
- Download and Install CCleaner on your PC.
- Go to Tools > Duplicate Finder.
- Pick desired drive and filter and click on Search.
- Select files and click on Delete Selected.
8. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
It is a simple but powerful duplicate file finder for computers. The utility tool is free but only download Auslogics Duplicate file finder, not the Auslogics BoostSpeed. You can use the below link to download it. This is a powerful tool which will scan all the drives deeply and present you all the duplicate files inside drives. Take a look into the guide on how to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder.
- Download and Install Auslogics Duplicate File Finder.
- In Auslogics Duplicate File Finder, Check drive on which you want to search.
- Select ‘look for all file types’ and click Next.
- Now select criteria as required and click on Search.
- From list select files you want to delete and Delete Selected Files.
9. Fast Duplicate File Finder
Fast Duplicate File Finder is a good tool but I didn’t find it fast as it says in the name. It will take time but will provide amazing search experience and does not leave any files except system files. It also searches similar images with different names that are a good feature for any duplicate file finder tool. Check out how to use it.
- Download and install Fast Duplicate File Finder.
- Click on Add Folder and select folder from where you want to search.
- Wait for the search process.
- Below the list, you will find some actions. You can select or change the action accordingly.
- Then click Perform.
CloneSpy is a free duplicate file finder tool for Windows. It is a very simple tool and does not require any tutorial. This offers a great platform to remove duplicate files from computers. Also, the installation process is simpler than any other utility tool. If you find it difficult to use then here is the guide to use CloneSpy.
- Download and Install CloneSpy.
- Click on Add Folder and select the desired folder and click Add Selected Folder.
- Now click on OK. It will take to Home Screen of the tool.
- Click on Start Scanning.
- After scanning it will display duplicate files select and delete the files.
So these are the Apps and software for Android phones and Windows OS for the purpose of duplicate file finder. You can use them to free up space by deleting unnecessary files from systems. Like all other utility tools, these are also very important to have it on computers and phones.
See Also | 10 Best WinZip Alternatives
Share this post with your friends on WhatsApp & other social media platforms. If we miss any useful software or app, do let us know in the comment section.