Two months back, Apple initially begin testing watchOS 8.5 on the Apple Watch. After testing the four beta builds, Apple seeds the fifth watchOS 8.5 beta to the developers. It is a feature-packed update, still in a testing phase, will be available to the public in the coming days. Here you can check everything about the watchOS 8.5 beta 5 update.
Apple plants the new update on Apple Watch with the 19T5241a build number. It is a relatively small upgrade comparing the previously released beta builds, weighing only 98MB in size for download. Apart from that, Apple also released iOS 15.4 beta 5, iPadOS 15.4 beta 5, macOS 12.3 beta 5, and tvOS 15.4 beta 5. Obviously, it is compatible with all Apple Watch models running watchOS 8, developers can freely upgrade to this upgrade.
As always, Apple didn’t mention new things in the release notes of the third dev beta update, but we can expect it will come with new features and enhancements. The big upgrade – watchOS 8.5 is packed with a bunch of new features and one of the main attractions of this build is the new 14 emoji characters, improvements, and fixes. These are the same emojis we’ve seen in the iOS 15.4 beta, tap here to see the new emojis coming with iOS 15.4. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 8.5 beta 5.
watchOS 8.5 beta 5 update
If you want to update your Apple Watch to the newest build of watchOS 8, then make sure that your iPhone is running on the latest version. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.5 beta 5 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.5 beta 5 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.5 Beta 5 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.5 developer beta 5 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Wallpapers [FHD+]
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: