After releasing the watchOS 8.4 to the public. Apple started testing the next iteration of watchOS. The company has released the new watchOS 8.5 beta to the developers. Obviously, the upcoming version will bring news goodies for the watch along with the improvements. Here you can check everything about the new watchOS 8.5 beta update.
Apple pushes the new build with watchOS 8.5 (19T5212h) software version number. The latest build weighs 537MB in size for downloading. The update is compatible with all Apple Watch models running on watchOS 8, if you’re a developer you can freely update your watch to the latest watchOS 8.5 dev beta 1. If you want to update your watch to the latest beta, make sure that your iPhone is also updated to the newest version of iOS.
As always, Apple didn’t mention new things in the release notes of the first dev beta update, but we can expect it will come with new features and enhancements. With yesterday’s release, Apple addressed the charging issue on the Apple Watch. You can head over to this page to explore more about watchOS 8.4. Now let’s take a look at how you can update your Apple Watch to watchOS the 8.5 dev beta.
watchOS 8.5 Beta 1 Update
The latest beta build of watchOS is limited to Apple Watch users running on the latest version of iOS. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.5 beta 1 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.5 beta 1 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.5 Beta 1 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.5 developer beta 1 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Download Google Pixel 6 Wallpapers [FHD+]
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: