This week Apple released iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 to the public after a long period of testing. There is also a WWDC event coming up early next month and it is expected that Apple may release the iOS 16 Beta for developers. And so no one was expecting another beta at least this week. But Apple surprises with iOS 15.6 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1.
The iOS 15.5 was earlier expected to launch next week but we got the release candidate early. This is not the first time Apple has surprised us. We have seen it before with some previous beta builds.
Apart from iOS 15.6 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1, Apple also released tvOS 15.6 Beta 1, macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 1, and watchOS 8.7 Beta 1. Both iOS 15.6 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1 comes with build number 19G5027e. As it is the first beta the update size will be more.
As usual, the beta update page only shows bug fixes and improvements. But we know there will be some new features and many changes. As the update just got released we don’t have the complete details of the changes. But once we are aware of all changes we will update here.
- Modem firmware reverted back to version 1.60.00
- There is a code change that shows in one of the upcoming builds emoji search on keyboard can be hidden
- You can also expect bug fixes if there were any in your device
Currently, the iOS 15.6 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1 are available to developers only.
But soon it will be available to public beta testers (available to public beta testers now). Users who have installed the beta profile on their devices will receive the OTA update. You can manually check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. But if you have just updated to iOS 15.5 or a previous public build then you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to install the beta profile.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 1 & iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 1 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 1 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 1 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.