Nothing Phone 1 is one of the most hyped phones of the year. Its main highlight is Glyph lights. The phone is interesting and all but the company has decided not to release Android 13 this year. Nothing Phone 1 is expected to get stable Android 13 in the next two months. But for now, Android 13 Open Beta for Nothing Phone 1 is rolling out to registered users.
Carl Pei, the founder of Nothing shares every update information on Twitter. Nothing first released the Android 13 closed beta for Nothing Phone 1 last month. And within a day the company also starts accepting the application for the Android 13 Open beta program.
Last month Carl Pei shared that Open Beta will roll out soon after the closed beta. And sticking to the promise Nothing now starts rolling out the Android 13 based Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta for Nothing Phone 1. The beta update is available to users who registered for the Open Beta when the window was open.
Nothing has also shared main changes and new features come with the latest Nothing OS 1.5 beta. Here’s what’s new in Android 13 based Nothing OS 1.5 Beta.
- The update brings a new Weather app designed by the company itself.
- New UI for Volume Controls
- Bluetooth pop-up window to quickly change bluetooth device settings
- App loading speed increased by upto 50%
- More color palette options for Material You theme
- Per App language support. To set different languages for different apps
- QR scanner in quick settings to access it easily
- It let users edit the copied text before pasting
- Improved Media Controls with new buttons and playback bar
- Live Caption feature in the system to detect speech
These are the features highlighted by Nothing. So there can be more changes and features in the update.
As mentioned earlier, the new Android 13 beta is available to users who enrolled for the open beta. Some registered users have reported they got emails with the info that the beta can not be available for them. Now, this could be because of limited seats. If you also got the rejection mail, you might get the update in the next batch.
Talking about the availability of stable Android 13 and Nothing OS 1.5 update, this could arrive in January last or in February. It is because the Open Beta will be live for at least a month. Once the stable update is available, you will know it on this website.
If you receive the update, make sure to back up your device and charge the phone to at least 50% before upgrading.