Two months ago, Redmi 9 received its first major OS upgrade, in the form of Android 11 update, but the update is based on MIUI 12. Now the news comes out that, the company has started pushing its newest skin MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi 9. The new update knocks up with a bunch of new features, improvements, and updated security patch. Here you can check everything about Redmi 9 MIUI 12.5 Update.
The latest update on Redmi 9 arrives with V22.214.171.124.RJCMIXM software version, as it is a major update, it weighs more than usual updates. It is a global stable update and already in a rolling phase, it will reach every phone within next few days. Xiaomi also bump up the monthly security patch version to July 2021. Not only this, but it also brings a number of useful features to the smartphone.
Android 11 update on Redmi 9 comes with features like improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, location information available in Xiaomi cloud app along with some other features. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Obviously, users can also use the essential features of Android 11. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before updating your device.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Redmi 9 – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Redmi 9 MIUI 12.5 Update
Xiaomi always release software updates in staged manner, and MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi 9 is following the same track. So, the update may take some time to reach every device. I suggest you to check software updates once in the Settings app. As there are sometimes, when we don’t get the update notification and, in that case, you can check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Update. In case if you want to immediately update your Redmi 9 to MIUI 12.5 then you can use zip files.
- Redmi 9 MIUI 12.5 Update (Global Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend taking a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%. To sideload the recovery zip Redmi 9, you can flash it from the custom Recovery.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 9 before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Galaxy S21 5G Olympics Edition Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: