Microsoft has released Windows 11 KB5033375 update for December 2023 in builds 22621.2861 and 22631.2861. The update is available for version 23H2 and version 22H2. This is a monthly cumulative update that comes with various improvements and bug fixes.
The related OS preview build KB5032288 was released in the first week of December which would normally have been released in the latter part of the previous month, but was delayed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. How it is linked? Well the features of the monthly Windows Update are released early in preview builds.
The Windows 11 KB5033375 update include changes and improvements from the preview build along with security issue fixes. The improvements include enhanced Copilot for Windows, Windows Spotlight improvement, and bunch of bug fixes. Improvements in Copilot include its support across multiple displays, and launch Copilot with Alt+Tab.
You can check all the changes on the list below.
- New! You can use Copilot in Windows (in preview) across multiple displays. Press the Copilot in Windows taskbar button on the taskbar of the display where you want Copilot in Windows to appear. To show Copilot in Windows on the last display that it was on, press Win+C. If you use a keyboard, press Win+T to put the keyboard focus on the taskbar. Then go to the Copilot in Windows button to open it on any display. This is available to a small audience initially and deploys more broadly in the months that follow.
- New! You can use Copilot in Windows (in preview) with Alt+Tab. When you press Alt+Tab, the thumbnail preview for Copilot in Windows appears among other thumbnail previews of open windows. You can switch between them using the Tab keystroke. This is available to a small audience initially and deploys more broadly in the months that follow.
- New! In the coming weeks, you might see Windows Spotlight set as the default background. This might occur when your background is set to an inbox Windows image.
- New! This update starts the roll out of account-related notifications for Microsoft accounts in Settings >Home. A Microsoft account connects Windows to your Microsoft apps. The account backs up all your data and helps you to manage your subscriptions. You can also add extra security steps to keep you from being locked out of your account. This feature displays notifications across the Start menu and Settings. You can manage Settings notifications in Settings > Privacy & security > General.
- This update improves how fast Copilot in Windows (in preview) opens from the taskbar.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Copilot in Windows (in preview) icon on the taskbar. It does not show as active when Copilot in Windows is open.
- This update addresses an issue that causes IE mode to stop responding. This occurs if you press the left arrow key when an empty text box has the focus and caret (cursor) browsing is on.
- This update addresses an issue that causes IE mode to stop responding. This occurs when you have multiple IE mode tabs open.
- This update affects Dynamic Lighting. It reduces the amount of power it uses on your device.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect the cursor when you write in Japanese. The cursor might move to an unexpected place.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the cursor. Its movement lags in some screen capture scenarios.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Widgets notification badge. It is in the wrong position on the taskbar.
- This update addresses an issue that affects File Explorer. When you press Shift + F10, the shortcut (context) menu does not open.
- This update addresses an issue that affects File Explorer windows. When you do not expect them, they appear in the foreground.
- This update addresses an issue that affects File Explorer. The options in the left pane show the wrong state.
- This update addresses an issue that affects apps that you download from Microsoft Store. They stop responding and will not update.
- This update affects the shortcut (context) menu. Its performance is now better when you open it on the desktop and in File Explorer.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It fails to open on the Setup screen when you install Windows.
The new Windows 11 KB5033375 update is available to everyone who are using the public version and not enrolled in the Windows Insider program. You can check for the update by going to Settings > Windows Update.
- The Big Windows 11 Update with Copilot and AI Tools is rolling out
- AI Enhanced Moving Wallpapers Rumored to be Coming to Windows 11
- Windows 11 23H2 Update Release Date, Features, and More
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- 18 Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop (Free)
- 23 Best Windows 10 Themes for Desktop (Free)