The QR code scanning feature is already a useful feature on smartphones. And over time it will be needed almost daily for many tasks. QR codes bypass the hassle of entering any necessary information to achieve specific tasks in daily life. And if you are a Samsung user then scanning the QR code is quite easy. Here are a few different ways to scan QR codes using Samsung phones.
QR codes are used to initiate payments, connect to WiFi, check product information, download apps, share apps, and many other usages. Basically, QR Codes can be used in any field. But at the same time, you should also be aware of QR fraud. Only scan the QR code if you know what it’s for.
Now QR codes are part of our daily life so it is wise to know all the easy ways to scan QR codes without installing any third party app. Yes, there are hundreds of apps available in the Play Store but you don’t need them if you have a Samsung phone. So let’s start the guide with the easy method.
Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy using QR Scanner
Samsung Galaxy phones come with a default QR scanner. And so whenever you need to scan a QR code, you can do it in a matter of seconds. QR code scanning shortcut is available in quick settings which is available to users in just one swipe.
- Make sure the QR Code is open on another device or have the QR code sticker near you that you want to scan.
- Now on your phone, Swipe down to bring Quick Settings.
- Look for the Scan QR Code option. If it is not available in the first set of Quick settings then swipe to the left to bring more buttons.
- Once you tap ‘Scan QR Code’, it will open a Scanner.
- Now point the camera of your phone to the QR Code you want to scan.
- It will detect the QR Code immediately and you will see some action related to that QR Code.
In case the Scan QR Code is not available in Quick Settings, then you need to edit the quick setting buttons and drag the Scan QR button which will be among some extra buttons.
Scan QR Code using Camera app on Samsung
In case you don’t find the QR Scanning button in Quick Settings, then you can use your Samsung camera app to scan any QR Code. But to scan the QR code you need to make sure this option is enabled in Settings.
Enable QR Code Scanning in the Camera
- Open the stock camera app on your Samsung phone.
- Now switch to Photo mode if it is on Portrait or Video or other modes.
- Tap the Settings/Gear icon present in the top left corner.
- It will open the Camera photo settings. Look for Scan QR Code under Intelligent features.
- Turn the toggle to ON.
Scan QR Code
- After enabling the option go back to Camera Photo.
- Point the camera to the QR Code that you want to scan.
- The camera will detect the QR Code and present specific actions related to the code.
Yes, it is very easy. But what if you have a QR code in your gallery and not on any sticker or other device? Well in that case you can follow the next method.
Scan QR Code saved on Samsung Phone
Yes, you can also scan QR codes saved in your phone’s gallery. There are times when someone known sends a qr code to send money or some other purpose to your message app. And so in that case you will think how do I scan this QR Code if I can’t point the camera at it? Luckily there is a feature on Samsung phones that let us scan qr code available on the phone. Here is how to use it.
- Make sure the QR Code is available in your Gallery.
- Now swipe down to open Quick Settings.
- Tap the Scan QR Code button to open the inbuilt app.
- You will see two options Flash and Gallery. Tap the Gallery icon.
- Now browse and select the picture with QR Code in it.
- Tap Done and it will detect the QR Code.
That’s all you have to do to detect any QR code available in your Gallery.
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to scan QR Codes on Samsung phones using different methods. I hope you found the guide helpful.