Last month, Samsung began rolling out the new One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S7 and S8 series. And now is the time for the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. The company has also started rolling out new software for the Galaxy Note 10 Lite. The newest incremental upgrade goes live with a number of new features and changes.
Samsung is pushing the new software to the Tab S6 Lite with the P619XXU2BWC2 software version, whereas, the Note 10 Lite picks up the new firmware with the N770FXXU8HWC1 build number. As a big incremental upgrade, it requires a huge chunk of data compared to monthly security updates. For security, the new upgrade has February 2023 monthly security patch.
At the time of writing, the new OTAs are in a rolling phase and a wider rollout should follow in the coming days. Currently, the new software is available for Galaxy users in France in select other countries.
One UI 5.1 upgrade comes out with a bunch of new features including Improved Multitasking in DeX mode, a new battery widget for the home screen, support for family sharing album in the Gallery app, quick access to the Expert RAW camera app, improved AR emojis and AR zone, enhancements for stock apps, collaborating in Samsung Notes, Samsung Internet, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog of the new update for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
- More powerful search: You can now search your Gallery for more than one person or subject at the same time. You can even search for people without tagging their names just by tapping their faces.
- Revamped info display: When you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your Gallery, you can see when and where the picture was taken, which device took the picture, where the picture is stored, and more. Now with a simpler layout.
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Improved multitasking in DeX: In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen.
- Modes and Routines
- Change wallpapers based on your mode: Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
- More actions for routines: New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
- Quick access to useful information: Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
- Hourly precipitation graph: An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
- Summary on Weather widget: A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
- Samsung Internet
- Continue browsing on another device: If you’re browsing the web on one Galaxy phone or tablet and later open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear that lets you open the last webpage you were viewing on the other device.
- Improved search: Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
- Additional Changes
- Check the battery level of your devices: The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- Settings suggestions: While signed in to your Samsung account, suggestions will appear at the top of the Settings screen to help you share, connect, and enhance your experience across your Galaxy devices.
- Choose where to save screenshots and screen recordings: You can now change the folder where screenshots and screen recordings are saved.
Whether you own the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite or Galaxy Note 10 Lite, you can upgrade your phone to One UI 5.1 easily by navigating to Settings > Software Upgrade > Download and Install. If the new update is available then you can select the Download and Install option, if not, then you can wait for a few days.
If you are in a hurry, then you can manually sideload the firmware on your phone, if you know the process. Whether you want to update your phone through OTA or want to sideload the firmware, check out this story for more information about updating Galaxy phones to the new update.
- Download Samsung Galaxy M54 Wallpapers before launch!
- How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Wallpapers
- How to Stack Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Top intriguing features of Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung showcases Galaxy S23 cases and add-ons in new video