Samsung’s work on expanding the One UI 5.1 availability now brings the upgrade to another A-series mid-ranger. The Galaxy A22 is the latest model to get a taste of the company’s latest skin – One UI 5.1. The upgrade is rolling with a nice set of features and enhancements. Read along to know more details about the new update.
For the time being, the upgrade is in a rolling phase and is currently available to users in several European countries including Austria, Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, and Ukraine. The update is also available in India, rolling out with the A225FXXU4DWB8 software version number.
It is a big upgrade and will require more data for downloading, so make sure you have enough data and storage on your phone. Samsung is seeding the new firmware with the February 2023 monthly security patch along with a flurry of new features.
Moving to the features list, then One UI 5.1 comes with updated stock apps, a battery widget, a dynamic weather widget, allows editing EXIF information of images and videos, a better camera and gallery including quick access to selfie features, support for family sharing album in the gallery, quick access to Expert RAW, and many more.
Here’s the complete changelog of the Samsung Galaxy A22 One UI 5.1 update.
- Revamped info display: When you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your Gallery, you can see when and where the picture was taken, which device took the picture, where the picture is stored, and more. Now with a simpler layout.
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Modes and Routines
- Change wallpapers based on your mode: Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
- More actions for routines: New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
- Quick access to useful information: Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
- Hourly precipitation graph: An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
- Summary on Weather widget: A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
- Samsung Internet
- Improved search: Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
- Additional Changes
- Check the battery level of your devices: The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- Settings suggestions: While signed in to your Samsung account, suggestions will appear at the top of the Settings screen to help you share, connect, and enhance your experience across your Galaxy devices.
- Choose where to save screenshots: You can now change the folder where screenshots are saved.
If you are a proud Galaxy A22 user, then you can now upgrade your phone to One UI 5.1. Samsung is pushing the OTA in a staged manner, already available to some users, if you haven’t received the OTA notification yet, you can navigate to Settings > Software Upgrade > Download and Install, to check the new updates.
April 5: Galaxy A22 5G now picks up One UI 5.1
Samsung has started rolling out the new One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy A22 5G. The firmware goes live for the 5G variant with the A226BXXU5DWC1 version number. Currently, available in Nordic countries, a broader rollout should follow soon.
Before upgrading your phone make sure to backup your data and charge your phone to at least 50%. If you are in a hurry, then you can manually sideload the firmware on your phone, if you know the process. Whether you want to update your phone through OTA or want to sideload the firmware, check out this story for more information about updating Galaxy phones to the new update.