Android 13, the latest Android version is now available for another Realme device. Realme 9 Pro+ is the latest phone from Realme to receive the official Android 13 update. The update is available with Realme UI 4 which is the latest custom OS for Realme. Read on to know more about Android 13 for Realme 9 Pro+.
Realme 9 Pro+ was released earlier this month with Android 12 OS. So Android 13 is the first major update for the device. Realme started the Early Access program in October, followed by the open beta release in November. And now the official Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 is rolling out for the Realme 9 Pro+.
Realme 9 Pro+ Android 13 update comes with build number RMX3392_11.C.05. And The update is available to users who are on the required versions, RMX3392_11.A.14, RMX3392_11.A.13, or RMX3392_11.A.12. As this is the major update, it brings a lot of new features. New features include Aquamorphic design, large folder support in homescreen, more AOD animations, HyperBoost GPA 4.0, and more. Check out the official changelog below.
Realme 9 Pro+ Android 13 Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default
- You can search content online and on your device.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Optimizes Private Safe
- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
If you are a Realme 9 Pro+ user, you can expect the Android 13 and Realme UI 4.0 update soon. It is a phased rollout which means it will take time to be available to all the users. Some users might get the update early while some may have to wait a little longer.
If the OTA update notification doesn’t work, you need to check the update manually. To do that go to Settings > About Device > Tap the big Realme icon. Here you will see the latest update if it’s available.
If you decide to downgrade to Android 12, you can install the Android 13 rollback package.
Make sure to take a backup of important data before updating your device to the new software. Also, charge your device to at least 50%.