After opening up the Realme UI 3.0 Early Access for some Realme phones this week, Realme now starts rolling out the stable Android 12 update for the Realme 9 5G SE. This is a different phone from the original Realme 9. If you own a Speed Edition model, you can find all the update details below.
The Realme 9 5G Speed Edition is a mid-range phone that was released in the first quarter of this year. But it was released with the older Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0. So Android 12 is the first major update for the phone.
The Android 12 for Realme 9 5G Speed Edition comes with build number RMX3461_11.C.02. Although the update is now rolling out for Realme 9 5G Speed Edition, you should first update your phone to the specific Android 11 build RMX3461_11.A.11. And if you are already on the required build then all you need to do is wait for the OTA update to arrive.
Now talking about new features, you can expect a bunch of changes and improvements since it is a major update. Well, Realme has officially shared the list of changes that you can check below.
Realme 9 5G SE Android 12 Update Changelog
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
The stable Android 12 update for Realme 9 5G Speed Edition is rolling out in batches. So if you haven’t received the update yet, then wait for a few days and you will receive the OTA notification. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings > System > Software Update. Before updating your phone, make sure your phone is charged to at least 50% and take a full backup of important data.
In case after updating your phone to the latest Android 12 build, you decide to go back to the Android 11 build, then you will need to downgrade using this guide. Use the downgrade package given below.
More Related Articles:
- Download Google Camera 8.4 for Realme 9 Pro & 9 Pro+
- How to use Musical Live Wallpaper on Android
- Download Nothing Phone 1 Wallpapers [FHD+] (Official)