Just a few days ago, Oppo kicks off ColorOS 7.1 beta recruitment program for the Oppo F7. And a slew number of users have successfully registered under the early access program. Now, there are many users reported receiving the update on their devices. Yes, Oppo has started rolling out ColorOS 7.1 based Android 10 Update for Oppo F7. Although, It is a beta build, but still you can get the taste of Oppo’s newest custom skin. Here you can check all the details about the Oppo F7 Android 10 Update (ColorOS 7.1 Beta).
Oppo F7 was launched back in 2018 with ColorOS 5.0 based Android Oreo 8.0 out-of-the-box. Now the company brings the second major OS update to its one of the best selling phones of 2018. The first wave of the trial program was limited to 2,000 users only, but Oppo will expand the quota in the coming days. The newer build bagged CPH1819EX_11_F.09 software version and weighs around 283MB in size.
In terms of features, the Oppo F7 Android 10 Update brings improved system-wide dark mode, new animations, more rounded icons, SoLoop video editor, improved RAM management, and improvements to the system. The update also brings the essential features of Android 10 alongside the new ColorOS 7 Wallpapers. Here you can check the complete changelog. Then, you can check the program by which you can join the ColorOS 7 based Android 10 Trail Program for Oppo F7.
ColorOS 7.1 Beta Update for Oppo F7 – Changelog
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
- Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes.
- Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying.
- Added new charging animation style.
- Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
How to Update Oppo F7 to Android 10 (ColorOS 7 Beta Update)
In case you miss applying for the first batch of beta recruitment program, but eagerly waiting to taste the features of ColorOS 7. Then, you can apply for the second batch of the beta recruitment program, which will be available in the coming days. Before diving into the process, make sure that your smartphone is running on the latest software. If your device is running on the latest version. Then, here’s how you can apply for the early access program.
Note: The trail version knocks up your device with CPH1819EX_11_F.09 software version.
- At first, Open the settings app then head over to the Software Updates.
- Now tap on the little settings icon available at the top right corner.
- Tap on Trial Version and fill the needed information, then click on Apply Now.
- Again head over to the Software Updates then tap on Download Now button.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Oppo F7 on ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Oppo A52, A72, & A92 Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!