With devices having the option to interconnect to each other, such things are life easier as well as ease is the usage of such devices. Whether it is controlling your devices from your phone or using voice commands, this seamless integration and connection is useful and helps a lot in the day-to-day life. Well, do you know that you could control your Samsung Smart TV with voice commands? Thanks to the Google Home integration you can do so. Read on to know how to connect Samsung TV to Google Home.
Well with Google Home, you will be able to control a lot of devices. From Light bulbs to Garage Doors and TVs Google Home can control them all. Simple voice commands can be used to manage such devices meaning that you do not require any remotes as such. With such integrations, your regular home turns into a smart home, and adding a new device becomes even easier. If you have a Samsung TV, here is a guide on how you can connect your Samsung TV to Google Home.
Connect Samsung TV to Google Home
If you have a Samsung TV from 2018 or newer, then you will be able to connect it to Google Home. Here is how you can do so.
1. Create or Sign in with Samsung Account
- First things first. You will have to create or log in with your Samsung Account on your TV. This can be done on your TV by pressing the Menu button and selecting Settings.
- From there move over to the General Tab and then select System Manager.
- Now select Samsung Account. Here is where you can sign in or simply create a new account right away.
2. Connect SmartThings App to Samsung Smart TV
- Download the SmartThings app on your phone. It is free on the App Store and Google Play Store.
- With the app installed, open it and tap on the + icon.
- Now, select Device, followed by TV, and then select Samsung TV.
- After you press the Start button, it will ask you to set a location and room where your TV is.
- Switch your Samsung TV on. Make sure the TV and your phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The app should now show you your Samsung Smart TV. Select it,
- Your TV will now display a PIN. Enter it in the app to complete the connection of your phone and TV.
- Control the TV from the app to ensure that the TV responds to your input.
3. Setup Google Home
- Download the Google Home app for your iOS or Android device. The app is free to download.
- Tap on the Add (+) button and select Set up Device.
- Now, select the Works with Google option.
- You will now be shown a list of accounts from different brands. Scroll down till you find the SmartThings account.
- When you find SmartThings, select it and select Sign in with a Samsung account. You must use the account that you earlier created or logged in with your TV.
- Now that your account has been added, your Samsung Smart TV will automatically be shown in the list. This is how you now have Google Home connected to your Samsung TV.
Use Voice Commands to control Samsung Smart TV
Here is a list of Google Home commands that you can use to control your newly connected Samsung Smart TV.
- Okay Google, turn on the main TV
- Okay Google, turn off the main TV
- Okay Google, lower the volume on the main TV
- Okay Google, increase the volume on the main TV
- Okay Google, mute the main TV
- Okay Google, change the input to HDMI
- Okay Google, fast forward on the main TV
- Okay Google, pause the main TV
And this is how you can connect your Samsung Smart TV to Google Home. Now, controlling your Smart TV has become easier without the need of having the remote next to you. Have you connected your Samsung Smart TV to Google Home? If so, what are the commands that you use with Google Home to command your Smart TV? Do let us know below.
You May Also Like – How to connect Bluetooth devices to Samsung TV
If you still have any query on how to connect Samsung TV to Google Home, then tell us in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: