In winter, everyone wants to stay warm and cozy at home. And that’s where a good heating unit like a thermostat comes into action. There are a good number of thermostat brands out there, and the ones from Honeywell are pretty good. But to use it, you need to program it. Here is the guide on how to Program Honeywell Thermostat.
Last time we talked about how to reset any type of Honeywell thermostat. But now that you have reset your thermostat or purchased a brand new Honeywell Thermostat, it is time to know how to program the thermostat itself. You see, programming the thermostat the right way will always ensure that you’ve got your heating or even your cooling working perfectly without you having to tinker around with the thermostat unit all the time. Read on through our guide to know how you can program any Honeywell Thermostat.
Table of Contents
How to Program Honeywell Thermostat
Before we look at how to program a thermostat, you need to know that there are two kinds of thermostats. There are thermostats with numerous buttons on them, those are the programmable ones. The non-programmable ones are simply those that have just one or two buttons and are available in classic or modern touchscreen designs. And in this guide, we will share methods for both thermostats.
Program Manual Honeywell Thermostats
For those that have the classic styled thermostat which consists of a circular dial. All you need to do is rotate the dial around and adjust the thermostat. You will also have a switch to choose between heating and cooling your home. That is all you need to do with manual-based Honeywell Thermostats.
Program Digital Honeywell Thermostats
Now, whether you use the thermostat with either buttons or a touch screen or whatever model of the programmable thermostat you use, the steps to program them are the same, if not, quite similar. Let’s get started.
- Make sure that your thermostat is plugged into its wall outlet and is receiving power. Or if your thermostat unit uses batteries, ensure you are using fresh batteries.
Adjust the Schedule
- Press or touch the Menu button on your thermostat and select the Schedule option.
- The thermostat will display the days of the week.
- You can set and adjust the temperatures and whether you want to heat or cool your house.
- Tap or press the Select option to set up the schedule period.
- Select or press the Time button to adjust the time. You can use the Plus or Minus options or buttons to adjust the time.
- Next, you can adjust the temperature you want during the particular day during the set time.
- Once you’ve made the changes that you want for each day, tap or press the Done button.
- Your settings and schedule for the thermostat have been saved.
Modifying the Schedule
- Press or touch the MENU option on the thermostat and choose the Schedule option.
- Once the days of the week are displayed, select the particular day by either pressing or touching the + or – options.
- Press or touch the Select option.
- Now, adjust and change the schedules you’ve previously set up.
- You can also adjust the time by pressing the Time option.
- The heating and cooling modes can also be changed right away.
- Once the changes have been sorted out, press or touch the Done option.
This continues the guide on how you can program any classic or digitally styled Honeywell thermostat. Whether you have the latest Honeywell pro series or the older Honeywell standard programmable thermostats, you can follow this guide easily. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.