The latest Android 14 update is now rolling out to Nothing’s new smartphones, Phone 2. The update for Phone 1 is expected to follow soon. If you’re looking to manually update your Nothing Phone to the latest Android build, this guide is for you. Additionally, these steps will also apply to later Android versions.
Android updates, including custom OS updates based on Android, are typically rolled out in batches, which means it may take days or weeks for the complete rollout. So some users will be getting updates early while some users might have to wait longer. If you’re eager to get the update early, you can manually update your phone using the following methods.
Manual updating also comes in handy when you don’t receive a notification, even if the update is available. Checking for updates manually ensures you can experience the new update as soon as it becomes available.
These are points you must follow if you are planning to update your device.
- Take backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
You will not lose your data but still it is important to take backup to avoid any bad circumstances.
Update Nothing Phone from Settings
This method is effective when an update is officially available for your device, but you might not be aware of it due to missing notification. Before you follow any other method, you should follow this method first. Here’s what you need to do:
- Connect your Nothing Phone to an active internet connection.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now go to System > System Update.
- If there is an update, it will appear. Tap Download and Install.
- At last you will need to reboot your phone and enjoy the new update.
Now let’s check out some other method that ensure you get to experience the new update even if it didn’t land on your phone.
Manually update Nothing Phone using OTA Zip
Several users share the OTA zip files for a new update once it’s available. For instance, the OTA file for Android 14 & Nothing OS 2.5 is now available for Nothing Phone 2. It’s important to note that the OTA file varies for each update and model, so ensure you download the correct one, as using an incorrect file can potentially break your device.
- Update your Nothing Phone to the latest build available on your phone using the first method.
- Now download the OTA zip file for the update that isn’t available on your phone yet. You can find it in platforms like Google, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Make sure to look for stable OTA file.
- Create a Folder in Internal Storage and name it OTA. Move the downloaded OTA Zip file in the ota folder.
- Now open Dialer on your phone and enter *#*#682#*#*.
- When you enter the code, it will open Nothing Offline OTA Update page. Now load your OTA file from the dropdown menu.
- Once the file is loaded tap ‘Directly apply OTA from select’ and confirm.
- Now wait for the update process to complete. After completion you will get pop-up for Reboot. Choose confirm to reboot your phone.
The reboot will take time depending on the update size. So don’t panic and wait for the device to boot into the system. Once done, you can enjoy the new update.
Install Beta Update on Nothing Phone Manually
Nothing provides an opportunity for interested users to try the new update before the official release through the beta program. The open beta builds are generally close to the stable build and free of major bugs. If a beta is available for your device, and you wish to participate, you can follow this method to manually install the new beta.
- Make sure to update to the latest available update using the first method.
- Download and Install required installer apk on your Phone. The company usually shares the link in announcement page like this one. Make sure to download the apk meant for your device.
- After installing the app, go to Settings > System > Update to Beta version.
- Now tap Check for new version and follow the on-screen steps.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the update.
Important: The APK file varies by model, so ensure you download the correct APK for your phone. Use the official beta announcement page in Nothing community.
So this is how you can update your Nothing phone to the latest Android version manually. You can skip the waiting time and enjoy the new update features as soon as it goes live. In case you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.