Nothing OS 2.5 is Nothing’s take on Android 14. Two months ago, the smartphone OEM initiated testing of a new software upgrade on its latest device, the Phone (2). Nothing is pushing the new software to the Phone (2) with a flurry of new features including a couple of customization tools, glyph interface options, gestures, and enhancements.
The company has shared details on its community forum, as per the details, the incremental upgrade is rolling out with a 2.5.1 version number. It weighs only 210MB in download size.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the Nothing OS 2.5.1 update to Phone 2.
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect: Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colours on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- New Glass wallpaper effect: Add a Glass filter to give your favourite wallpaper a unique appearance.
- Introduced solid colour wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
- Glyph Interface
- Glyph Progress integration for Google Calendar. Keep track of your upcoming events with a 5-minute countdown on the Glyph Interface.
- Glyph Timer now supports time presets, allowing you to quickly set your desired duration.
- You can now access Glyph Timer directly from the lock screen without unlocking the device.
- Added an option to open the Glyph Timer popup by tapping instead of holding to accommodate for the Quick Settings widget.
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Customisable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- More Improvements
- Optimised the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced overall system stability for a more reliable and smooth experience.
- New Widgets
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the currently playing song. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
Currently, the update is in a rolling phase and will be available to everyone in a matter of time.
The update is available to both open beta as well as stable users, you can update from 2.0.4 or open beta 2. You will receive the update over the air, you can check the new updates by navigating to Settings > System > Software Updates.
Nothing Phone 2 Nothing OS 2.5.1 OTA File
If you are in a haste and want to sideload the update manually on your device, then you can download the OTA file and install it. First you need the OTA package, here’s the download link.
- Nothing OS 2.5.1 OTA for Nothing Phone 2 (Incremental from 2.0.4 beta): Download Link
If your phone is running on Nothing OS 2.0.4, then create a folder named “ota” in the internal storage, and copy the file inside the folder.
Now open the dialer on your Nothing Phone and type *#*#682#*#*, it will open the lock update tool, which allows you to sideload the Nothing OS 2.5.1 stable.
Then tap Directly Apply OTA from the selection option, it will start installing the beta on your device. Once done restart your device.