One thing that has taken a big leap in 2023 is AI. We have seen so many AI tools as well as their integration into already existing apps. While we did see Microsoft Edge, the pre-installed web browser. While Bing AI has been featured in Microsoft Edge, did you know that Microsoft is planning to bring AI to your desktop screen? Yes, known as Windows Copilot, you can easily access AI tools from your desktop screen and not have to launch any program or browser.
Windows AI Copilot was introduced to the users of the Dev and Canary channels of Windows 11. So, if you are interested in trying our Windows 11 Copilot on your system, you’ve come to the right place.
- Vive Tool
- Windows 11 build 23481 or newer
How to Enable Copilot in Windows 11
Before we dig into the steps that you need to follow to enable Copilot on your Windows 11 PC, there are a few things that you need to have.
- First off, download the ViveTool to your Windows 11 PC. You can download the tool from this GitHub page.
- The zip file weighs around 500KB. Make sure to extract the zip file once the download has been completed.
- Make sure to save the ViveTool folder in a place so that you can easily access it anytime you want.
- Now, press the Windows and X keys on your keyboard and select the Windows Terminal (Admin) option from the context menu.
- Make sure to first type in cd (the path of the vice tool folder) and press enter.
- Now, you need to type in the following:
ViVeTool.exe /enable /id:44788892
- Once you press the Enter key, you will have to restart your Windows 11 PC.
- When you restart your Windows 11 PC, you will see a new Windows Copilot icon present on the Taskbar. When you click on the icon, you can easily access the Windows Copilot AI tool right away.
In case the Windows Copilot doesn’t work for you right away, you will have to follow these additional steps to get access to the tools.
- First, you will have to install the Canary version of the Microsoft Edge web browser. This is a version of the web browser that receives updates and other insider features on a daily basis.
- Once you have installed the browser, you will have to press the Windows and R keys.
- This will bring up the Run command on your desktop.
- Now, paste the following %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge SxS\Application\msedge.exe –enable-features=msEdgeAskCopilot,msShorelineToolbarWinCopilot,msUndersideSidebarPinning,msEdgeSidebarIntoFRE,msStandaloneSidebarFramework
- Now, you need to restart Microsoft Edge by ending all processes from the Task Manager.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click on the Bing button and you will now get to access Windows Copilot right away.
This concludes the guide on how to enable Windows Copilot on your Windows 11 PC. Now, you need to understand that if it doesn’t show up for you, there is no problem. Since this is a feature that is in its testing phase, it may or may not work correctly.
What, do you think about the Copilot tool for Windows on your desktop? Do you think it’s a good idea to have it in Windows 11 or is it better to simply use AI tools via the web browser? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.