Apple’s 33rd WWDC 22 event has just been completed and there is a lot to unpack. We get to see new features as well as new versions of iOS 16 for iPhones and also a new version of macOS. macOS 13 or also known as macOS Ventura has just been announced and the developer preview has been made available for users to download and install. Let’s take a look at how you can install macOS 13 on your Mac systems.
Now, with macOS Ventura, we get to see a slew of new features such as sharing grouped tabs from Safari to your friends via iMessage or FaceTime, using your iPhone as a web came for your Mac, edit and undo features for messages sent via iMessage as well a being able to search for various content within the mail app. So, if you are interested in trying out these features, well, it is time to download the beta of macOS 13 aka macOS Ventura to your Mac.
Download and Install macOS 13 Ventura
Before we go out on how you can install the beta, it is important to know what systems are supported. It would be a waste of time to download the beta only to realize later on that your system is not supported or compatible with macOS Ventura.
- 2017 iMac and newer
- 2017 iMac Pro and newer
- 2017 MacBook and newer
- 2017 MacBook Pro and newer
- 2018 Mac mini and newer
- 2018 Macbook Air and newer
- 2019 Mac Pro and newer
- 2022 Mac Studio
Download macOS Ventura
Before we get into how to download macOS Ventura, you need to understand that this is currently in its developer beta stage usually meant for developers to use. So yes, it will come around with some issues in terms of usability. If you feel that it isn’t for you, you can always wait till the public preview which will be made available in July. but for those who are interested in trying out the new macOS, here is how you can download the developer beta.
In order to download macOS Ventura, you will first have to sign up for the Apple Developer program. You can do this easily by simply heading over to this official signup page. Once you have signed up for the Apple Developer program, you can now follow the steps below to download and install macOS Ventura on your supported Mac.
- On your Mac, launch Safari and log into the Apple Developer program.
- Once signed in, head over to the downloads section.
- You should see an option that says Download. Click on it.
- Now, click on the Install Profile button.
- The Profile will now be downloaded to your Mac.
- Open up the folder to where the Profile has been downloaded.
- Now, double click to open the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg file.
- You need to run the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtlity.pkg to run the installer.
- A window will now open where you will have to agree to the various terms and conditions. Read through them and then click on Agree.
- With all of this done, you need to click on the Apple logo on your Mac.
- Now, click on System Preferences followed by Software Update.
- The beta update to macOS Ventura will be displayed. Simply download the update to your Mac.
- Once the download has been completed, you can go ahead and install macOS Ventura on your mac
While you are trying out the new features of macOS 13, you will encounter a few bugs that may or may not affect your usability. So, it is always advisable to take a backup of your data before proceeding to install the beta of macOS Ventura. And this concludes the guide on how to download and install macOS 13 on your supported Mac devices. Have you downloaded macOS 13? If so, do share your experiences with us in the comments below.