Image formats have been around for a long time. They are a means of storing images in a particular format. It can be done either to reduce the file size or to have the best quality of the particular image. If you are someone that uses any Apple device and transfer around a lot of pictures, you might have noticed that they aren’t is the usual JPEG formats. Well, Apple created their image format called HEIC. It is similar to JPEG images but, can be opened only on Apple devices and macOS devices. To view them on Android or Windows devices, you will need to convert them to JPEGs. Here is a guide on how to convert HEIC photos to JPG on Windows and Android devices.
The HEIC format was adopted by Apple when iOS 11 back in 2017. If you have an Apple device and want to convert HEIC photos to JPEGs right on your iPhone or iPad, you can check this guide out for all the details. Now, file formats are usually adopted by all major platforms. However, Windows, as well as Android devices aren’t able to read such file formats and this can sometimes be a problem. There is a solution to this problem and it is called converting. So read on to know how you can convert such HEIC images to JPEG on Android and Windows devices
How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG on Windows
Method 1: If you are someone that has a Windows PC and are not able to read or open HEIC images follow these steps.
- First, you need to head over to the Microsoft Store. Make sure you are signed in with a Microsoft account as well.
- Now, head over to the search bar and type in HEIC to JPEG, and hit the enter key.
- You will see an app titled HEIC to JPEG (Free). Click on it.
- Now, you need to download the app by clicking on the blue install button.
- The app is free to download and weighs 203.9MB.
- Once the app has been downloaded, launch the app right away.
- You will see the below screen; it will ask you to drag and drop the HEIC image file.
- Once you have dropped the image file into the app, the conversion process will begin.
- When the conversion is done, it will display that the process has been completed.
- Simply click on the Open Output Folder option.
- It will show you the JPEG format of the image.
- And that is it. Simple and easy to use way to convert HEIC images to JPEG Images on a Windows device.
Method 2: Another way to convert HEIC images to JPEG is by using a popular file converter software called Factory Format. It is free-to-use software that lets you convert a ton of image and audio formats into your preferred format choice. Here is how you can use the software.
- First of all, download the software from here. It’s free and will weigh at just 99MB.
- Once downloaded, begin the installation process. Make sure to decline any other optional software installs that the installer might ask you to install.
- Once the program has been installed, simply launch it. It will look like the below screen.
- Towards your left side at the bottom, click on the Pictures option. Select the JPG option and then click on Add Files.
- Here you can browse for the HEIC image that you wish to convert.
- Once the file has been added, simply click on the OK button at the bottom right. You now be taken to the software’s main screen.
- To begin the conversion, simply click on the Start button that is green in color present at the menu bar of the program.
- Once the conversion has been completed, it will display a notification and you can also check the output folder as well.
- And that is it. A simple and easy way to convert HEIC images to JPEG on a Windows device.
How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG on Android
Even Android still doesn’t support the HEIC file format, and this can be a bit annoying. Thankfully enough, there is a way to convert these images into the popular JPEG format and it can all be done by using a single app. Follow these steps to know more.
- On your Android device, head over to the Play Store and download the HEIC to JPEG Converter Free app. The app weighs just 4.7MB.
- Once the app has been downloaded, you will have to allow the app to access the storage on your device.
- Once that has been done, simply tap on the Select File button.
- Now, browse and select the HEIC image that you wish to convert.
- Once you have selected the image, click on the convert button. However, there might be an ad or two that might be displayed.
- Once the image has been converted, you can tap on the converted image to view it right away.
- And that is how you can convert HEIC images to JPEG on an Android device.
- That’s it.
These are the simple and easy ways to convert HEIC images to JPEG on Android and Windows devices. However, some Android devices, for example, Honor and Huawei devices, can display HEIC images straight from the Gallery app. This also means that Android is slowly supporting the new image file format on their platforms too. We hope this guide has helped you in learning how to convert HEIC images to JPEG.
You May Also Like – How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG on iPhone
If you have any queries on how to convert HEIC photos to JPG on Windows and Android, you can simply leave a comment below. Also, let us know if your Android device can read HEIC images right away without converting them.
More Related Articles: