Earlier this month, Xiaomi’s subsidiary Redmi unveiled the next generation of the famous Note series. Yes, I am talking about the newly released Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12 Pro, and Redmi Note 12 Pro+. The camera has always been one of the major highlights of the Redmi Note series phones. And the new Redmi Note 12 series is no exception, introduced with a 200MP camera for the Note 12 Pro+. Just like the previous iterations, the new Note phones support Google Camera aka GCam mod. Here you can download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 and Redmi Note 12 Pro (+).
Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 (Pro)+ [Best GCam 8.7]
Redmi Note 12 Pro comes with a 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor, whereas the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ sports a 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HPX sensor. Although both phones capture similar photos there’s no huge difference noticed between the 50MP sensor and the 200MP sensor.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro duo captures decent photos using the built-in MIUI camera app. These camera sensors can capture much better photos with the Google Camera app, you can install the GCam app for better low light and detailed photos. The vanilla Redmi Note 12 comes with the standard 48MP camera sensor with pixel binning tech. It also supports sideloading GCam ports.
No matter which Redmi Note 12 series phone you own, you can install the latest Google Camera mod port on your smartphone and start taking some amazing low-light photos using the Night Sight feature. Not only this, but you can also use Astrophotography Mode, Enhanced HDR, SloMo, Portrait, and more. Here’s the step by step guide by which you can easily install Google Camera app on your Redmi Note 12, Redmi Note 12 Pro, or Redmi Note 12 Pro+.
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 Pro and Pro+
Redmi Note series phones are feature-packed phones and come with all essential features, and the same can be said for Redmi Note 12 series. The new phones have Camera2 API support out-of-the-box which means you can install GCam APK on your smartphone and start using it, there’s no need of rooting the device. Here we attach the latest GCam 8.7 port by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05, apparently, both ports are compatible with the Redmi Note 12 series phones. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 Pro & Pro+ (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6_MGC.apk) [Latest]
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 12 and Note 12 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk) [Best]
The GCam 8.7 mod doesn’t require any changes, but, if you’re using the GCam 7.3 on your Redmi Note 12 series phone, then you can apply the below-listed settings for better results.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
For GCam 7.3
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder with GCam name.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with note12-config.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera (GCam) on Redmi Note 12 Pro and Redmi Note 12 Pro+
- First, download the GCam app for your Redmi Note 12 series smartphone from the above links.
- Then, install the Google Camera APK on your phone.
- Then, open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using GCam on your Redmi Note 12 smartphone can try out the features like Night Sight and Astrophotography Mode.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Motorola Moto G53 Wallpapers before the launch
- Download MIUI 14 Wallpapers in High Resolution (Official)
- MIUI 14 Features, Supported Devices, Global Launch and more