Motorola aims to establish itself as a frontrunner in the mid-range price segment with its latest offering, the Edge 40 smartphone. This flagship killer features impressive specifications, including the Dimensity 8020 SoC, a 50MP dual-lens camera setup, a 144Hz Curved AMOLED display, and more. The camera is one of the leading highlights of the smartphone, it captures decent photos. You can boost up the photography by sideloading the Pixel 7 camera app aka GCam mod. Here you can download Google Camera for Motorola Edge 40.
Google Camera for Motorola Edge 40 [Best GCam 8.7]
Motorola Edge 40 dawns a 50MP OmniVision OV50A sensor, also featured on the Moto Edge 30 Pro. This sensor utilizes 4-in-1 pixel binning technology to capture impressive high-quality photos, the secondary sensor on the device is a 13MP ultra-wide-angle sensor. As for the software, the camera interface offers the typical range of camera features available on most 2023 Motorola phones.
The phone captures impressive photos with the main sensor in daylight. The results are good too in low light, thanks to the Auto Night Vision feature, things are not great when ultra-wide-angle mode is enabled. But you can enhance the low light performance by installing the Google Camera app on your Motorola Edge 40.
The latest version of Google Camera or the GCam 8.7 is available for Moto Edge 40, thanks to the developers who have ported the app. It supports a number of useful features including Night Sight, Astrophotography, SloMo, and more. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to download and install the Google Camera app on Motorola Edge 40.
Download Google Camera for Motorola Edge 40
Motorola Edge 40, just like the previous generation Edge series phones, the newest mid-ranger brings Camera2 API support. It lets you easily install the Google Camera app on your Edge 40 without rooting the device. Although, there are a number of GCam ports available on the web, but here are the two good ports that you can use on your smartphone – GCam 8.7 by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05 both ports are compatible with Moto Edge 40.
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for Moto Edge 40 (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V15a_MGC.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Moto Edge 40 (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk)
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add configuration file.
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder with GCam name.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
- Download this config file and paste it inside the /Downloads/MGC_CONFIG/ folder.
Once all done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Motorola Edge 40.
You May Also Like – Download Moto Razr 2022 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Best Wallpaper Apps for Android
- Motorola launches the most practical foldable smartphone
- Here are Motorola Razr 40 Ultra Wallpapers before its launch
- Samsung will release Android 14 updates even faster
- Download Realme 10 Pro(+) Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Google Camera for Motorola Phones [Older models]
- How to Root Android 13 [Detailed Guide]