The new update of iOS brings many extra and exciting features to their OS. The camera app on iOS now comes with some newly added features. Features like you can change the format of the image and Video and the quality of the image and Video. It gives you many advantages that we will discuss later. So let’s see How to Change Camera Format and Quality on iOS.
How to Change Camera Format on iOS
This is one of the best features that I like about iOS. It is highly recommended to try this out. The steps are simple and basics. But I want that everyone should know about this feature so that I am sharing this Guide. Let’s begin with the simple guide.
- Open Settings on your iOS Phone.
- Then go to Camera option from the list.
- Inside Camera option, you will see some options that you can change or modify.
- But for format Tap on Format option.
- Now you will see two different options “High Efficiency” and “Most Compatible“.
- To take Pictures and Videos in JPEG and H.264 format respectively. Then select the Most Compatible Format.
- And to take pictures and Videos in compressed or small size leave it to the High-Efficiency Format. In High-Efficiency format, it will take pictures in HEIF format and it will capture videos in HEVC format.
Advantages of High Efficiency Format
The photos and videos taken at High Efficiency format will save in HEIF and HEVC Respectively. It means the Photos and Videos taken will be of the small size which will save the Storage. The disadvantage is that the image and video will be of lesser quality.
Advantages of Most Compatible Format
In Most Compatible format the photos and videos are saved in JPEG and H.264 format respectively. The quality of the Photos and videos taken are better than the High Efficiency Format.
Also Read: Schedule Incoming Calls on iPhone
How to Change Image and Video Quality
We already talked about changing the format. And now in this section, we will see How we can change the Image and Video Quality.
- Open settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then Go to camera option.
- Now you will see many options including “Record Video“, “Record Slo-Mo” and “HDR“.
- In Record Video option you can change the Resolution and Frame Rate of the Video. Like 4K at 60fps, 4K at 30fps and many more options.
- In Record Slo-Mo option you can change the Slow Motion video Resolution. Here you will not get high resolution as normal video recording.
- In HDR uncheck the Keep Normal photo option to get High Resolution photos.
This was the simple and easy guide on How to Change Camera Format and Quality on iOS. I hope you have got the idea to change the Image and Video Format and Quality according to your demand.