Apple has released the RC build of iOS 17.2 to Developers. Soon it will release for public testers as well. A Release Candidate build is the last build released before the Public version. This means that the public release of iOS 17.2 is happening earlier than expected.
Last week Apple released the fourth beta of iOS 17.2 which had build number ending with b, so we thought there might be one more beta before RC. But the iOS 17.2 RC is already available. It isn’t a surprise as Apple has its own plans to finish the update without bugs before Western Holidays.
Along with iOS 17.2 Release Candidate, Apple also released iPadOS 17.2 RC, watchOS 10.2 RC, tvOS 17.2 RC, macOS Sonoma 14.2 RC, macOS Ventura 13.6.3 RC5, and macOS Monterey 12.7.2 RC5.
The iOS 17.2 Release Candidate build comes with build number 21C62 which can be the same build number for upcoming public build if there are no further RC builds before Public release.
Now coming to changes, the iOS 17.2 RC comes with all features introduced in last four beta builds except for the Collaborative Playlist in Apple Music which was available until beta 3, but has been removed maybe because its not completely ready yet. Here is all changes according to official changelog.
iOS 17.2 RC Changelog
- Journal is a new app that lets you write about the small moments and big events in your life so you can practice gratitude and improve your wellbeing
- Journaling suggestions make it easy to remember your experiences by intelligently grouping your outings, photos, workouts, and more into moments you can add to your journal
- Filters let you quickly find bookmarked entries or show entries with attachments so you can revisit and reflect on key moments in your life
- Scheduled notifications help you keep a consistent journaling practice by reminding you to write on the days and time you choose
- Option to lock your journal using Touch ID or Face ID
- iCloud sync keeps your journal entries safe and encrypted on iCloud
- Translate option for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max to quickly translate phrases or have a conversation with someone in another language
- Spatial video lets you capture video on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max so you can relive your memories in three dimensions on Apple Vision Pro
- Improved Telephoto camera focusing speed when capturing small faraway objects on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max
- Catch-up arrow lets you easily jump to your first unread message in a conversation by tapping the arrow visible in the top-right corner
- Add sticker option in the context menu lets you add a sticker directly to a bubble
- Memoji updates include the ability to adjust the body shape of any Memoji
- Contact Key Verification provides automatic alerts and Contact Verification Codes to help verify people facing extraordinary digital threats are messaging only with the people they intend
- Precipitation amounts help you stay on top of rain and snow conditions for a given day over the next 10 days
- New widgets let you choose from next-hour precipitation, daily forecast, sunrise and sunset times, and current conditions such as Air Quality, Feels Like, and wind speed
- Wind map snapshot helps you quickly assess wind patterns and access the animated wind map overlay to prepare for forecasted wind conditions for the next 24 hours
- Interactive moon calendar lets you easily visualize the phase of the moon on any day for the next month
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Siri support for privately accessing and logging Health app data using your voice
- AirDrop improvements including expanded contact sharing options and the ability to share boarding passes, movie tickets, and other eligible passes by bringing two iPhones together
- Favorite Songs Playlist in Apple Music lets you quickly get back to the songs you mark as favorites
- Use Listening History in Apple Music can be disabled in a Focus so music you listen to does not appear in Recently Played or influence your recommendations
- A new Digital Clock Widget lets you quickly catch a glimpse of the time on your Home Screen and while in StandBy
- Enhanced AutoFill identifies fields in PDFs and other forms enabling you to populate them with information such as names and addresses from your contacts
- New keyboard layouts provide support for 8 Sámi languages
- Sensitive Content Warning for stickers in Messages prevents you from being unexpectedly shown a sticker containing nudity
- Qi2 charger support for all iPhone 13 models and iPhone 14 models
- Fixes an issue that may prevent wireless charging in certain vehicles
The iOS 17.2 RC is available to Developers, and in few hours it should be available for public beta testers. If there are no bugs or issues found in this RC, then the next build is going to be public version which will be same as this RC build, including same build number. You can check for the update in Settings > General > Software Update.
- 18 Mind-Boggling Abstract Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 22
- Download Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6) Wallpapers!
- 80+ Stunning Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone [iOS 16 / 17]
- 10 Super Effective Battery Saving Tips for iOS 17
- How to Enable and Use AirDrop Over Internet on iPhone
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]