Microsoft has just released a new preview update for Windows 11 21H2. The original version of Windows 11 is getting a number of improvements and fixes a slew of issues. The gradual upgrade is labeled as the Windows 11 22000.2003 preview upgrade. Read along to know more details about the update.
The incremental upgrade is available for all Windows 11 21H2 users, rolling with the KB5026436 build number. Last month, Microsoft said non-security preview upgrades will be released on the fourth Tuesday of the month and today we got the preview 22000.2003 upgrade.
For changes, Microsoft addresses an issue where certain printers fail to install and work if they connect to WiFi automatically. The update improves the user experience as well as interaction for the search box on the taskbar. Apart from these changes, the update addresses the issue to access Tab Settings in IE mode.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the Windows 11 21H2 May update.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- This update addresses an issue that affects certain printers. They fail to install if they connect to Wi-Fi automatically.
- This update addresses a multi-function label printer issue. It affects the installation of some of them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- This update improves the user experience (UX) and interactions for the search box on the taskbar.
- This update addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe. It stops working after you sign out. This issue occurs after you upgrade your machine to Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and sign in to that machine.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Server Message Block (SMB). You cannot access the SMB shared folder. The errors are, “Not enough memory resources” or “Insufficient system resources”.
- The update addresses an issue that sends unexpected password expiration notices to users. This occurs when you set up an account to use “Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon” and set “Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). It stops working. This occurs when you use Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- The update addresses an issue that affects scheduled tasks. The tasks fail when they use stored local user account credentials. This occurs when you enable Credential Guard. The error message is “2147943726 : ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE (The user name or password is incorrect).”
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) cluster. It might not come online. This occurs after a periodic password rollover. The error code is 1326.
- This update addresses an issue that affects dot sourcing. It fails files that contain class definition in Windows PowerShell.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the use of Event Viewer. The issue limits the number of event sources that users who are not administrators can access.
- This update addresses an issue that affects applications that perform certain actions in a callback. The applications might stop working. These actions include closing a Window (WM_CLOSE).
- This update changes the support phone number for Microsoft India for Windows activation.
- This update changes the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) ranges for certain mobile providers.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Firewall. The firewall drops all connections to the IP address of a captive portal. This occurs when you choose the Captive Portal Addresses option.
- This update addresses an issue that affects devices that are joined to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). The Windows Firewall cannot apply the correct domain and profile for them.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect a large reparse point. You might get a stop error when you use NTFS to access it. This issue occurs after a canceled FSCTL Set operation changes the reparse tag.
If your PC running on Windows 11 21H2, then you can install the new build on your system by navigating to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers
- How to get the New File Manager Experience on Windows 10 and 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS