Apple Computers are famous for their software and designs. There are more users who use Mac Systems than you’d actually think. Well, you’d use a Mac system for most of your office work, entertainment, and maybe even to simply browse the web. Because the internet is a vast space, you will always be getting new things. So when you save new things, you can easily add a bookmark to your web browser. While it’s good to be adding new bookmarks, it can get hectic when there are too many bookmarks. So today we’ll be talking about how to delete bookmarks on a Mac system.
Apart from using the default web browser Safari, you can easily make use of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. While each one prefers their own web browser, managing bookmarks is a common task especially when there are tons of bookmarks that you’d no longer deem as useful. So here is a guide on how to remove bookmarks on a Mac system.
How to Remove Bookmarks on macOS
Remove Bookmarks on Safari Web Browser
- Open up Safari on your Mac System.
- Now click on the Sidebar button present on the toolbar section.
- You will see the Bookmarks option. Click on it.
- Press the Control Key on your keyboard and click on the bookmark that you would wish to delete.
- Now, choose the Delete option.
- The bookmark will now be deleted right away on your Mac system.
Remove Bookmarks on Google Chrome Web Browser
- Launch Google Chrome on your Mac.
- You will see the three dots in the top right corner. Click on it.
- A menu will now open up right under the three dots.
- Click on More from the Menu.
- You will see the Bookmarks option. And finally, select Bookmark Manager.
- You will see a list of all Bookmarks that you have created.
- Now select the Bookmark that you wish to delete by clicking on the arrow.
- Simply click on Delete. The selected Bookmark will now be deleted right away.
Remove Bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
- Fire up Mozilla Firefox on your Mac.
- On bookmark tab, click on the folder with stored bookmarks.
- A menu will show up with the saved bookmarks.
- Now press right-click and delete the bookmark you want to.
- You can select multiples by pressing the Command key inside bookmark manager.
- Considering you have selected all the bookmarks, click on the organize button.
- And finally, now click on the Delete button.
- The Bookmarks have now been deleted right away.
Remove Bookmarks on Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser on your Mac system.
- Now, click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Select Favorites from the menu.
- And finally, click on Manage Favorites.
- All the favorites i.e. Bookmarks that have been added will be displayed on this page.
- To delete a bookmark, simply click on the cross icon.
- The particular bookmark will now be deleted on your Mac.
Or you can simply remove any bookmark if the bookmark bar is enabled, you can right-click on any bookmark and then delete it quickly.
And this is how you can delete Bookmarks from various web browsers on your Mac system. Deleting Bookmarks from your web browser will help reduce the clutter and make your bookmark management much cleaner. What do you do with your bookmarks? Do you save bookmarks or just remember the particular website by heart? Let us know about it in the comments below.