With the April 2018 update, Windows 10 get a very useful feature slanged as “Your Phone”. The feature allows users to connect their Android device with the Windows 10 PC or desktop to check the notifications directly on their PC. If you like working on PC more than your smartphone, then here’s the step by step guide by which you can get Android notifications on Windows 10 PC.
Both the Android smartphone OEMs and Microsoft are working diligently to bring more functionalities to the Your Phone app. In August, Microsoft brought a new functionality for Samsung Galaxy phones, which allow users to access the apps from their Galaxy device on Windows 10 PC. As for now, the feature is exclusive to the Samsung phones. It may come to other devices in the future.
You can use the “Your Phone” app on Windows 10 running PC to check your Android notifications, photos, messages, and calls. You can even chat directly from your PC or you can also use Calls feature to make or take phone calls directly from your laptop via Bluetooth connectivity. So, if you want to get Android notifications on Windows 10 PC, you can follow your definitive guide.
Let’s dive right into the steps.
How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC with Your Phone App
If you want to get your Android smartphone’s notifications on your Windows 10 running PC, then at first you need to link your smartphone with your PC. All you need to do is, sideload Microsoft’s Your Phone Companion app on your Android device. It’s an official app by Microsoft, available freely on the Google Play Store. Although, there are many apps which you can use to mirror Android notifications on Windows 10, but in this article, we use the official Your App. Before diving into the steps, let’s take a look at the prerequisites.
- Make sure that your PC is running on Windows 10 April 2018 Update or later.
- Your Phone app works on Android Nougat 7.0 or later smartphones.
Now let’s take a look at the steps to link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC.
- At first, you need to download Your Phone Companion app on your Android device by using afore-listed link.
- Now open the app and sign in with your Microsoft account (the same account logged-in on your Windows 10 running PC).
- Then, you’ll need to grant the app permissions (including Contacts, make and manage phone calls, access photos, media, & files, and messages).
- The next screen will tell you that the app runs in the background to stay connected to the PC. Tap on continue and allow the permission granted.
- Once done, Open Your Phone app on Windows 10, you can search “Your Phone” from the start menu.
- It will automatically detect your smartphone.
- Now you can allow the connection from your smartphone, by tapping on the Allow button.
- On the PC, you can see the Welcome screen, tap on Get Started to move on.
- That’s it.
Get Android Notifications on Windows 10 PC with Microsoft’s Your Phone App
Although, Your Phone app is preloaded on the Windows 10 desktop but you can use this link to manually install it on your PC. Now you can follow the afore-listed steps to link your device. After linking your Android smartphone with the Windows 10 PC, you need to synchronize the notifications and other data to receive the latest alerts. For synchronization, you need to allow some permissions. You can follow the below-listed steps to get Android Notifications on Windows 10 PC.
- After linking your smartphone with your PC, open Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC.
- The app needs permission to receive notifications from your smartphone, to allow the permission, click on Open settings on Phone.
- On your smartphone, you can tap on the notification and give notification access.
- That’s it, now you’ll see your smartphone notifications on your Windows 10 PC.
- You can click on Messages section, to read or reply to the Messages directly from your PC.
- You can also access the Photos from your smartphone, by heading over to the Photos section. You can even save these images on your PC.
- If you want to make or receive a call via Bluetooth, then you can click on the Calls section under Your Phone app on Windows 10.
- You can change the notification, calls, photos, and messages settings according to your needs.
- That’s it.
This is the official method you can use to get notifications from your Android smartphone on your Windows 10 PC. It’s pretty useful feature for people constantly working on their PC and don’t want to look down on smartphone to check the notifications.
If you’re using Samsung Galaxy device, then you can also access your phone’s screen or apps directly on your Windows 10 PC. Now you can easily access the content of your Android device on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to disable Xbox Game Bar and Game DVR on Windows 10
If you’ve any query, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: