Microsoft’s work on adding new features to Windows 11 continues with the latest developer beta – 25201. The latest Windows 11 insider preview build brings a couple of new features to the OS. Microsoft is testing the Expanded Widgets View, Game Pass widget improvements, refinements to the File Explorer search, bug fixes, and more. Read along to know more about the new Windows 11 Insider Preview 25201 update.
The latest incremental upgrade is seeding to the eligible systems with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25201.1000 (rs_prerelease) build version. And the newly released upgrade is available to users who opted developer channel in the Windows Insider preview program.
Microsoft pushes the new build to the dev channel with Expanded View in Widgets, Yes, there’s an option by which you can expand the widgets view to the full Window. You can use the expand and collapse button in the top right corner to change the view of the widgets panel. The update brings the update to the recently released Game Pass widget with a new option for sign-in.
Moving to the changes and fixes, then the new update brings improvements to the File Explorer search, it will now show results as you type, Microsoft is testing more cloud files results in the search. The update addresses these issues – memory leak issue when closing file explorer, apps in the taskbar overflow flyout showing in the correct order when using Arabic or Hebrew display language, explorer.exe was crashing issue fix when you dragged a snap group in Task View and dropped it into another Desktop, and many more.
Here’s the complete list of changes and fixes.
Windows 11 insider preview build 25201 update – Changes & Improvements
- Thank you to all the Insiders who gave us feedback on the different visual treatments for search on the taskbar! Starting with this week’s flight, we are concluding the exploration of these treatments, so if you received this experience, it will be removed on your next reboot.
- File Explorer
- File Explorer search will now show results as you type. The full search results page will update live without needing to press enter. We are beginning to roll this out, so the experience isn’t available to all Insiders just yet.
- We’re experimenting with adding more cloud files to search results from Home.
Windows 11 insider preview build 25201 update – Fixes
- Fixed the issue in the last few flights causing a bugcheck when moving your mouse in certain games.
- File Explorer
- As a one-time change to help people find their folders with the navigation pane updates, if the default folders pinned to File Explorer’s navigation pane had been unpinned, they will be re-pinned after upgrading.
- Fixed a memory leak which was happening when closing File Explorer windows.
- The apps in the taskbar overflow flyout should now be in the correct order when using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- Fixed an issue where if you hadn’t already opened OneNote once, using the pen click to invoke OneNote wouldn’t work.
- Made a change to help address an issue where it wasn’t possible to use the Pinyin IME to type in the chat box of certain games.
- Fixed an issue which was causing sporadic Settings app crashes.
- Removed an erroneous white pixel in the icon animation when clicking the Apps category in Settings.
- We have fixed the issue where in some cases, the notification banner for some badging would not appear in the widgets board.
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe was crashing if you dragged a snap group in Task View and dropped it into another Desktop.
- Fixed an issue related to interacting with the Desktops flyout in the taskbar which was causing periodic explorer.exe crashes.
- Fixed a DWM crash in the last few flights which could lead to a brief black screen when rotating a tablet.
- Fixed a rare issue which could cause a DWM crash when watching videos in certain UWP apps in recent builds.
- Task Manager
- Fixed an issue impacting Task Manager reliability.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insiders to unexpectedly get the message “it is not possible to connect to this network” when connecting to certain Wi-Fi networks recently, although the network was working with other devices.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to Windows Sandbox opening to just a black window on certain PCs.
You can check the list of known issues on the Windows Insider Blog.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the dev preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
You May Also Like – How to Install Windows 11 22H2 Update Right Now
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop them in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Windows 11 22000.978 (KB5017328) fixes Bluetooth audio headset issue and more
- Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.598 addresses more bugs
- Apple Arcade Games with Controller Support List 2022
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks
- Microsoft adds new Wallpapers to Windows 365, Get it here!
- How to use Nearby Sharing on Windows 11 (Airdrop for PC)