A week after releasing the third Android 13 QPR2 beta and a day after releasing Android 14 DP1, Google releases a minor beta update that addresses bugs from the last update. Android 13 QPR2 beta 3.1 update is now available for Google Pixel phones. We got to see the same in the second beta released last month. Let’s learn more about the monthly beta updates.
As you may already know, Quarterly Platform Releases is a program by Google in which the company releases a major update every quarter. And to achieve this, Google tests it through three major beta updates, just like the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.
The minor Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.1 update for Pixel phones is available with build number T2B3.230109.004. And its release date is February 9, 2023. The update is officially available for Pixel 4a and newer Pixel phones.
As mentioned earlier this is a minor update pushed to fix some bugs from the update released last week, Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3. Also, this could be the last beta update before the stable release next month, so don’t expect major changes in the current update. Here’s the changelog of the latest beta update.
- Fixed an issue in the system Bluetooth module that could have allowed for possible out-of-bounds writes due to memory corruption. (Issue #259630761)
- Fixed an issue where some Romanian translations were missing from the system image.
- February 2023 Android Security Patch
If you have already installed the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 on your Pixel phone, you can easily upgrade to the newer build. The update is available through OTA for beta users. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings > System > System Update.
And in case you are on a stable build but want to test beta build like this one, then you can easily join the beta program from the official beta page http://g.co/androidbeta.
- How to Install Android 14 on Pixel Phones [3 Methods]
- List of Pixel phones eligible for Android 14
- Google Pixel Tablet is all about “Pro” as per recent leak