WhatsApp is one of the most used social media apps for communication. It is available for Android, iOS, Windows, and other platforms. For all other platforms other than Android and iOS, you need to use the WhatsApp Web which makes it possible to use WhatsApp on any platform. But it doesn’t work on more than one device at a time. Luckily WhatsApp is now bringing multi device support, not only this, users can also use WhatsApp without connecting smartphone to the Internet.
The new feature coming to WhatsApp will let you use the WhatsApp web on up to 4 devices at a time. Right now, we can’t connect to more than one device to use WhatsApp. If you try to open WhatsApp web on another device while it’s already logged in on a device, it will log out from the first device. But it is no longer the case as WhatsApp is getting multi device support for WhatsApp web.
The new WhatsApp web multi device support is here for limited users who opted for the beta. It means you can use this feature right away on all the devices you have. As you know this is limited it may not be available to opt beta for all users, but you can still try for the new feature.
How to get WhatsApp Web on Multiple Device
Multi device support is not the main feature of the upcoming update. The main feature for most of the users will be access to WhatsApp web even if your phone is not connected to the Internet. Yes, WhatsApp Web now works even when your phone is off.
As the feature is already available in beta, you can apply for beta to get the new features. Here’s how to get new WhatsApp features.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click on the menu icon (three dots at the top right corner).
- From the Menu, select Linked Devices.
- It will now show a new pop-up to try new improvements, click on OK.
- Now click on Multi-device beta option. You can also check the short description about the new features.
- On the next page, you can opt for the beta by clicking on the Join Beta button.
- One you have joined the WhatsApp multi-device beta, open WhatsApp Web on your PC or other device.
- When you link the device with the QR Code, you will see new animations of opening WhatsApp Web.
Now you can access the WhatsApp web on up to 4 devices without keeping your phone online.
As it is a beta feature you may find some bugs like when you log in to WhatsApp Web, it will show messages unread even if you have read it on your phone. Also, you may not be able to download documents or files which you sent or received at a specific time. It will also not be visible in the Media/Doc/Link section.
You will see BETA text next to your profile on WhatsApp web. You won’t be able to make calls, send messages from WhatsApp web to a person who has an outdated version of WhatsApp. Since this feature is just released as beta, it can take time to be available for all users.
In case if you want to leave the multi-device beta feature, go to Linked Devices from the three dots menu. And then click on multi-device beta > Leave Beta. Yes, it is simple as joining the multi-device feature on WhatsApp.
- How to Set Wallpaper in WhatsApp for each Contact (Android & iPhone)
- How to Setup WhatsApp Payments to send and receive money
- WhatsApp get a number of Dark and Light Wallpapers