For the past few days, Xiaomi is busy in pushing its newest custom skin (MIUI 12.5) to the Poco, Redmi, and Mi phones. Now the company has started rolling out MIUI 12.5 Update on Redmi Note 8 Pro. However, there’s a special treatment for the Redmi Note 8 Pro, yeah, the Note 8 Pro receives MIUI 12.5 update with Android 11. The latest build also bags a flurry of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check everything about Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 (MIUI 12.5) Update.
Redmi Note 8 Pro was announced back in September 2019 with Android Pie 9.0 OS. In March last year, it received the Android 10 OS, later joined by MIUI 12 update. Now it gets its second major OS update in the form of the MIUI 12.5 based Android 11.
The latest build arrives on Redmi Note 8 Pro with V184.108.40.206.RGGMIXM build number. As it is a major upgrade, it measures around 2.2GB in size for download. I suggest you to connect your smartphone to a stable Wi-Fi network for downloading the update. Although, as of now, Xiaomi has not confirmed the rollout of MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 8 Pro. A few users are reportedly receiving the new patch on their devices, it can also be sideloaded manually via recovery ROM.
Xiaomi pushes the new update with June 2021 monthly security patch alongside a slew of new features. In terms of features and changes, then the update improves gesture response, 20x faster rendering, location information available in Xiaomi cloud app along with some other features. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Here’s the complete changelog.
Android 11 Update for Redmi Note 8 Pro – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 11 (MIUI 12.5) Update
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro users can now upgrade their smartphone to Android 11 (MIUI 12.5) update. For the time being, the update is available for global units and rolling out via stable channel. We can expect it will be available for Indian variant in the coming days. If you’re using the global variant then you can check system, if it’s available then you can update your device. In case it is not available, but you’re in a hurry, then you can also update your Redmi Note 8 Pro manually with recovery ROM. Here’s the link.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update (Global Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 30%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi Note 8 Pro before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: