Xiaomi has added one more device in the list of phones with Android 10. Mi 8 now starts receiving the stable Android 10 update globally. Xiaomi phones like Mi 9, Mi Note 10, Redmi K20, Mi 9T, etc. have already received the Android 10 update and it was obvious that now its turn for Mi 8. The phone was launched back in the year 2018 with Android 8 and its a great move by Xiaomi to release Android 10 to maintain the user’s trust. Here you get to Download Android 10 Update for Mi 8 (OTA Update).
Many users from different regions have reported that they are receiving a stable Android 10 update on their devices. So it means the update is not region specific it is a global stable update. It also brings new MIUI 11 which brings some amazing features. About a month ago Xiaomi released MIUI 11 for many devices but it was only based on Android 9. And now finally Xiaomi pushing the Android 10 update to these devices as well.
This is a big update for Mi 8 which is around 1.9GB in size and brings many new features. It comes with build number MIUI 184.108.40.206 QEAMIXM. In the update, you will see revamped UI which is a part of MIUI 11 and enhanced privacy, location settings. The Mi 8 Android 10 update also brings December 2019 security patch and System-wide dark mode. Also, some known bugs are fixed in the update as well. Below we have added the changelog which comes on the update page.
Mi 8 Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019
- Increased system security
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification setting in the notification shade in Second space
- Fix: couldn’t open notification shade in some cases
- Optimization: Localized payment Security icon for India.
Download Android 10 Update for Mi 8 [Stable OTA Update]
The Android 10 update for Mi 8 is rolling out in batches so it can take time to reach on all devices. And in case if you want to get Android 10 immediately, then we have an official OTA update file. Luckily we managed to grab the Mi 8 Android 10 update OTA file from the web. You can use this file to manually install Android 10 on Mi 8 without losing your phone data. The size of the OTA update file is around 1.9GB which you can download from the below official direct link.
- Download Android 10 Stable Update for Mi 8 [Global] (OTA Update)
After downloading the file you can install it on your phone. And if you are not aware of the installation process you can use the below guide. Also, make sure to go through the requirement.
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install Android 10 Update on Mi 8 [MIUI 11]
- Download the Mi 8 Android 10 OTA update file from the download section.
- Then copy the OTA file on your smartphone (keep the file outside of all the folder).
- After that go to Settings > About phone > System Updates on your phone.
- Now click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- From the options select ‘Choose update package’ and select the OTA file. If you don’t see the choose update package option then click 10 times on the MIUI icon and then check.
- After choosing the OTA file it will extract the file and install Android 10 on Mi 8.
- That’s it.
Once done, you can use Android 10 on Mi 8 running on MIUI 11. This is an official method and doesn’t need to root your phone or wipe data.
You May Also Like – How to Disable Ads on Xiaomi Phones (MIUI 8/9/10)
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!