Mi Mix series is popularly known for its unique design and Mi Mix 2s is the predecessor of Mi Mix 3. Xiaomi is rolling out Android 10 updates for its devices one by one and now its toe for Mi Mix 2S users to experience Android 10. The device is receiving a stable Android 10 update in China and soon it will available in other regions also. We managed to get hands the OTA file in case if you want to manually update. Here you get to Download Mi Mix 2S Android 10 Update [OTA Update].
The Android 10 update is based on MIUI 11 and so the update brings features of MIUI 11 and Android 10. There is already news about the upcoming MIUI 12 and before its release, you should experience MIUI 11 on your Mi Mix 2S. The flagship device of the year 2018 was released with Android 8 and later it received Android 9 update and now finally the Android 10 rolls out for Mi Mix 2S. This could be the last Android update for Mi Mix 2s because Xiaomi already delivered 2 big updates and the chances to get the next update is very low.
Now talking about the update advantages and changes that you will see on your device after updating to Android 10. Like System-wide dark mode, enhanced security settings, new navigation gestures and more. The update comes with build number V188.8.131.52.QDGCNXM and the update weigh around 2.1GB. Below we have included the changelog list that is mentioned in the update page.
Mi Mix 2S Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019.
- Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Download Android 10 Stable Update for Mi Mix 2S [China]
The update is rolling out in batches so it is possible that some users will get the update late and some users will get it early. But if you don’t want to wait to experience Android 10 and want to install it right away then you can download the OTA file and update it. The OTA file is available to download and it weighs around 2.1GB. Use the below direct link to download the Android 10 OTA file to update Mi Mix 2S manually.
- Download Mi Mix 2S Android 10 Update [China Stable] (OTA File)
After downloading the file you can manually install it on your device. Follow the below guide to proceed with the installation.
- Before updating, you Must charge your phone at least 50%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also update using Fastboot ROM with Mi Flash Tool.
How to Install Android 10 Update on Mi Mix 2S
- Download the Mi Mix 2S Android 10 OTA update file from the above download link.
- Then copy the OTA file on your smartphone (keep the file outside of all the folder).
- After that go to Settings > About phone > System Updates on your phone.
- Now click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- From the options select ‘Choose update package’ and select the OTA file. If you don’t see the choose update package option then click 10 times on the MIUI icon and then check.
- After choosing the OTA file it will extract the file and install Android 10 on Mi Mix 2S.
- That’s it.
Using the above guide you can install the update without losing your data as this is an official method. Now you can experience Android 10 on your Mi Mix 2S without any bugs.
You May Also Like – How to Disable Ads on Xiaomi Phones (MIUI 8/9/10)
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!