Back in November 2020, Xiaomi kicked-off MIUI 12-based Android 11 update for the Poco F2 Pro. For the past few days, the company has released its newest MIUI 12.5 update for a bunch of Xiaomi phones. Now it’s a time for the Poco F2 Pro, yes, the Poco F2 Pro users can now upgrade their device to MIUI 12.5 update. The update knocks up with a slew of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check more about Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update.
The latest update is weeding with 220.127.116.11.RJKMIXM build number, as it is a big update, it may require big amount of data for downloading the over-the-air patch. One of the best things about this OTA is, it’s available for global stable update. We can expect the MIUI 12.5 will be available for more Xiaomi or its sub-brand Poco in the coming days. Poco F2 Pro gets June 2021 monthly security patch alongside the MIUI 12.5 update.
Talking about the changes, then the update improves gesture response, 20x faster rendering, location information available in Xiaomi cloud app along with some other features. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Apart from that, Xiaomi fixes lock screen notification issue, notification flash issue, and floating notification display issue. Here you can check the complete changelog before updating your device.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Poco F2 Pro – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
Status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update
The Global Stable build of MIUI 12.5 is now officially available for Poco F2 Pro. Obviously, the update is based on Android 11. Usually, the OTAs released by Xiaomi takes some time to reach all phones, but users can also sideload the update manually on their smartphone. If you’re in haste then you can install it manually by downloading the build from below link.
- Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update (Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 30%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Poco F2 Pro before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download OnePlus Nord CE 5G Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- macOS Monterey Wallpapers [5K Resolution]
- Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones