Just a few days ago, Xiaomi kicked-off its newest skin MIUI 12.5 update for Mi 10T Lite. Now the company has started pushing MIUI 12.5 update in India for rebadged Mi 10i. For the time being, the update is limit to select users, who have opted the pilot testing program. As obvious, the update is seeding with a flurry of new features, improvements, and bugs fixes. Here you can check everything about Xiaomi Mi 10i MIUI 12.5 update.
Xiaomi pushes the stable update in India with 184.108.40.206.RJSINXM software version and measures around 920MB in download. The incremental update requires more data for sideloading in comparison to usual OTA updates. As for now, the update is available to select users, if everything is going fine, then the update will be available to everyone in the coming days. The latest update will bump up the monthly security patch version to June 2021 on your Mi 10i.
Talking about the changes and features, then the changelog seems similar to the Mi 10T Lite update. Yes, it comes with features such as improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, location information available in Xiaomi cloud app along with some other features. It also bring changes to the Notes app, like new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Apart from that, Xiaomi fixes lock screen notification issue, notification flash issue, and floating notification display issue. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before updating.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Mi 10i – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data.
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases.
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode.
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device.
Xiaomi Mi 10i MIUI 12.5 Update
Nowadays, Xiaomi is testing its newest skin by pushing the update to select users, who have opted pilot testing program. The company follows same with Mi 10i MIUI 12.5 rollout. If your device is running on stable update then the update might take some time to reach on your device. You can check the system updates, if it’s available, then you can update your device. In case it is not available, but you’re in a hurry, then you can also update your Mi 10i manually with recovery ROM. Here’s the link.
- Mi 10i MIUI 12.5 Update (Stable) [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 30%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Mi 10i before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Mi 10i
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: