Last month, Xiaomi started testing the MIUI 12 Stable Beta build on Redmi Note 8 Pro by kicked-off the OTA to pilot testers. Now the news comes out that, the company has started pushing the stable beta to every Redmi Note 8 Pro user. The device was launched back in October 2019 with MIUI 10, which started receiving MIUI 11 later a month, now the anticipated MIUI 12 hits the device with a slew of new visual changes. Here you can Download Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12 Update.
The newer build is based on Android 10 update and bags V188.8.131.52 QGGINXM software version with a download size of 641MB. As of now, the OTA is seeding in the regions of India and Indonesia, according to the previous trends, the company will soon roll it out globally. Like every other OTA update, this might take some time to reach every device. MIUI 12 Stable Update for Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with a slew of new features and latest monthly security patch.
In terms of features, the Redmi Note 8 Pro gets new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and obviously the MIUI 12 Wallpapers. It also received the July 2020 monthly security patch. Talking about the changelog, then here’s the complete changelog, that you can check before heading over to the download section.
MIUI 12 Update for Redmi Note 8 Pro – Changelog
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Download Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12 Update
MIUI 12 is one of the most anticipated updates for the Redmi devices and if you’re in a haste to update your Redmi Note 8 Pro to the latest build. As the OTA might take some time to reach every device, you can grab the recovery ROM from the below link and sideload it manually on your smartphone.
- Download Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12 Update [India] (V184.108.40.206.QGGINXM)
- Download Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 12 Update [Indonesia] (V220.127.116.11.QGGIDXM)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download the ROM from the above link
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
- Take a full backup of your device data
How to Install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 8 Pro (Stable)
- At first, download the firmware from the above-mentioned link.
- Copy the file and paste it in the internal storage outside of every folder.
- Now head over to the settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon available in the top right corner.
- Now tap on choose update package option and select the firmware.
- That’s it.
All done. Now you can start using your Redmi Note 8 Pro running on MIUI 12 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: