Xiaomi is continuously rolling out the latest MIUI 12.5 for its eligible devices. And the Redmi Note 9 is the latest device getting MIUI 12.5 update. As the phone already got the Android 11 update, so the Android version remains the same. The stable MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9 is currently rolling out for Pilot users, but it will roll out to everyone soon. Check out what’s new in the Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12.5 update.
Xiaomi is all set to announce their next MIUI 13 update which is coming with a bunch of new features at least as per the leaks. Here you can check everything about the upcoming MIUI 13 update. And as their next major MIUI update is arriving, Xiaomi’s current goal is to push MIUI 12.5 update for remaining Xiaomi devices. They have now reduced one device from the list of remaining devices which is the Redmi Note 9.
If you are concerned about the build number, MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9 comes with build number V22.214.171.124.RJOINXM. This is for the Redmi Note 9 Indian variant. And soon Redmi Note 9 users from other regions will get it too in the coming weeks (available for Global variant with build number V126.96.36.199.RJOMIXM). Since this is a major update, expect the over the air update to be around 1GB.
Talking about the Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12.5 features, it comes with some notable changes and bug fixes. You can check the changelog section to know more about what’s new in MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9.
Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9
The MIUI 12.5 stable beta update is now rolling out for Redmi Note 9 for Indian and Global variant. Currently only Mi Pilot testers are getting this update, but if everything goes right, the same build will be released to the public. The update will arrive on the Redmi Note 9 device over the air. Sometimes we don’t get the update notification and in that case, you can check for the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Update. Luckily the Recovery file is available for those who want to immediately update their phones.
- Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12.5 Update (Stable Beta) [Recovery ROM] – Indian Variant
- Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12.5 Update (Stable Beta) [Recovery ROM] – Global Variant
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend taking a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%. To sideload the recovery zip Redmi Note 9, you can flash it from the custom Recovery.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi Note 9 before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 7.3 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: