Since the announcement of MIUI 13, Xiaomi has been diligently working on releasing it to eligible devices. A couple of phones have picked up the MIUI 13 update globally. During the Xiaomi 12 series announcement, Xiaomi announced MIUI 13 (for phones), MIUI 13 Pad (for tablets), and MIUI 13 Notebook. Just like the MIUI 13, Xiaomi shared a roadmap for MIUI 13 Pad. And as per the roadmap, Xiaomi Pad 5 is scheduled for the first quarter of 2021. Xiaomi keeps the promise and started rolling out MIUI 13 Pad update to Xiaomi Pad 5 (Global).
Xiaomi sows the new update with V220.127.116.11.RKXMIXM version number. Although, MIUI 13 is based on Android 12. But, weirdly the MIUI 13 Pad for Xiaomi Pad 5 is based on Android 11. We can expect it will get Android 12 OS later. Xiaomi Pad 5 was announced last September with Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 OS, now it is getting its first big upgrade. It requires a big chunk of data for installation. You can connect your tablet to the WiFi connection for faster downloading.
Xiaomi is seeding the new firmware with a big list of features, enhancements, and fixes. Talking about the MIUI 13 Pad update for Xiaomi Pad 5, then the update bags a bunch of new features including resizable floating window, drag any items to floating window from sidebar, new features for stylus and keyboard as well. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before updating your Xiaomi Pad 5 to MIUI 13.
- MIUI 13
- New: Resizable floating windows bring desktop experience to tablets
- New: Improved Function key features
- Floating Windows
- New: Drag any item from the dock to open it in a floating window
- New: Resizing options for floating windows
- New: Support for opening two floating windows at the same time
- New: New gestures for floating windows
- Stylus & keyboard
- New: Pressing the Menu button on the keyboard opens app dock
- New: Double pressing the Menu button allows you to switch between recent apps
- New: Custom system button shortcuts
- New: Custom app shortcut combinations
At the time of writing, the update is rolling to users who opted pilot testing program. It will also be available to other users in the coming days. You can head over to the Settings then system updates to check out the new updates. If you’re in a hurry, then you can manually update your smartphone to MIUI 13 with recovery ROM.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 MIUI 13 Pad update (Global Stable) – (18.104.22.168.RKXMIXM) [Recovery ROM]
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup of important data and also charge your phone to at least 50%.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy S22 Wallpapers [QHD+]
If you still have any other queries, then leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Stuff: