Just a few days ago, the vanilla Redmi Note 7 received MIUI 12.5 update in India. Now the update made its way to the Redmi Note 7 Pro. Yes, the wait is finally over, the Redmi Note 7 Pro users can now upgrade their phones to MIUI 12.5 in India. The latest update is coming with a big list of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check everything about the Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12.5 update.
The latest firmware knocks up the Redmi Note 7 Pro with 188.8.131.52.QFHINXM version number. As we know, the update on the non-pro variant has arrived with the Android 10 (Q), there’s no change for the Pro variant as well. The over-the-air patch weighs around 641MB in size for downloading, the update is already live for select Redmi Note 7 Pro users. There are a couple of users reported receiving the update on their phones, a twitter user (@TechnoAnkit1) shared the update screenshot, which highlights the changes and features.
Talking about the features, then Xiaomi pushes the new update with August 2021 monthly security patch, system stability, along with a bunch of other features. These features are the improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, alongside the optimizations for better system performance. Notes app also gets new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Here’s the complete changelog.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Redmi Note 7 Pro – Changelog
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- Optimization: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update [India]
Xiaomi has begun releasing the MIUI 12.5 build to the Redmi Note 7 Pro units in India. The update is rolling in a staged manner, might take some time to reach every device, so in case the you’ve not received the OTA yet, you’ll get it very soon. Till then, you can check the software updates once, as there are sometimes when the OTA notification does not arrive. Or in case you’re in a haste, then you can download the recovery ROM and update your device manually to the latest patch. Here’s the download link.
- Download Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update (India) [184.108.40.206.QFHINXM] (Recovery ROM)
Before upgrading your smartphone, must take a backup of all data and charge your device to at least 50%.
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: