Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G users in China reportedly receiving Android 10 Update. After successfully releasing the Android 10 updates for many smartphones, the company has started testing Android 10 beta update on Mi 9 Pro 5G. The smartphone was launched last year with Android Pie 9.0. Now it starts receiving the latest version of Android along with MIUI 11. The update also brings the latest monthly security patch level. Here you can check all details about Mi 9 Pro 5G Android 10 Update (Beta).
As of now, the update is available for users who have applied for the beta testing program. If you’re using Mi 9 Pro 5G and waiting for this update from a long time, then now you can grab the latest update by joining the beta program. As of now, the OTA (over-the-air) is seeding in China and will be available globally in the coming days. The update comes with a bunch of new features, Xiaomi’s newest custom skin (MIUI 11), and the latest security patch.
Talking about the features, then this release knocks up with all the basic features of Android 10. And MIUI 11 features like with dedicated Dark Mode, Mi Ai, Ultra Power Saving mode, new Settings UI, gradient MIUI logo, and more. This release knocks up the software version to V18.104.22.168.QFXCNXM which weighs 2.6GB in size. It is a beta update, so it may have some bugs. Here’s the complete changelog.
Android 10 Update for Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G – Changelog
- Updated Google security patch (2020-03) to improve system security.
- MIUI stable release based on Android 10 deep customization
- Added support for a one-click lock for all applications.
- New app lock new version homepage and related function optimization.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Android 10 Beta Update
Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 10 updates for Mi 9 Pro 5G in China. You can join the beta program update to grab the update, once applied, the OTA (over-the-air) update will arrive on your device. As of now, the recovery ROM or fastboot ROM is not available for sideloading, but we’ll update the article once it is available. Till then, you can check the system updates in settings. If you’ve received the OTA notification, then make sure to check prerequisites before updating your smartphone to the latest release.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
If the update is available in the system updates, then you can download it, once downloaded, tap on Install now. Once the installation process completed, make sure to restart the smartphone.
You May Also Like – Download Mi 10 Lite 5G Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!