Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 12 update for the global variant of Redmi Y2, which is dubbed as Redmi S2. The Redmi S2/Y2 was announced all the way back in June 2018 and ran on Android Oreo 8.1 out-of-the-box.
Last year, Xiaomi released the Android Pie 9.0 and MIUI 11 updates. Now the news comes out that, the company starts seeding MIUI 12 global stable update for the Redmi S2/Y2. The MIUI 12 update for Redmi S2 arrives with 184.108.40.206.PEFMIXM software version. Here’s everything you need to know about Redmi S2 / Redmi Y2 MIUI 12 Stable Update.
The newer build weighs 616MB download size, which brings a slew of new features to the device alongside the September 2020 monthly security patch. Talking about the changes then the update brings new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and obviously the MIUI 12 Wallpapers. Here you can check the changelog, before diving into the steps to get MIUI 12 on Redmi Y2/S2.
MIUI 12 Global Stable Update for Redmi Y2/S2 – Changelog
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
Redmi S2/Y2 MIUI 12 Global Stable Update
MIUI 12 Global Stable goes official via OTA update, It might take some time to reach every device. But you can sideload the update manually on your device, by downloading the recovery ROM, from the below-mentioned link. Here’s the download link.
- Redmi S2 / Y2 MIUI 12 Update (Recovery ROM) [Download Link]
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download the ROM from the above link
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
- Take a full backup of your device data
Here’s How you can update your Redmi S2/Y2 to MIUI 12.
- At first, download the firmware from the above-mentioned link.
- Copy the file and paste it in the internal storage outside of every folder.
- Now head over to the settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon available in the top right corner.
- Now tap on choose update package option and select the firmware.
- That’s it.
All done. Now you can start using your Redmi S2/YE running on MIUI 12 based on Android Pie 9.0.
You May Also Like – Download Pixel 5 Wallpapers [FHD+]
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: