A couple of Redmi Note 9 series had already received company’s newest skin – MIUI 12.5. Now it’s a time for the Redmi Note 9S. Xiaomi has begun rolling out MIUI 12.5 based Android 11 update for Redmi Note 9S. The update is rolling over the air in European region and bags a slew of new features, improvements, and fixes. Here you can check everything about Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12.5 Update.
Xiaomi prepares the new OTA with 188.8.131.52.RJWEUXM software version. Fortunately, the OTA is already available to select Redmi Note 9S users. As mentioned earlier, it is available in Europe. We can expect a wider rollout within a few days or weeks in worst case scenario. It measures around 860MB in size, I suggest you to connect your smartphone to a stable Wi-Fi connection for uninterrupted and faster downloading.
Now let’s move on to the changes and features comes with the new OTA update. Xiaomi pushes the new update with June 2021 monthly security patch, system stability, along with a bunch of other features. These features are the improved gesture response, 20x faster rendering, alongside the optimizations for better system performance. Notes app also gets new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Apart from that, you can also use basic features of Android 11. Here’s the complete changelog.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Redmi Note 9S – Changelog
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12.5 Update
Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi Note 9S. As always, this update is also pushing in a staged manner, which simply means it might take some time to reach every device. If you’re in a hurry, then you can download the full ROM and update your smartphone to the latest update, but it will wipe out your data. So, it’s better to wait for a few days. However, if you’re not using the Redmi Note 9S as your daily driver, then you can give it a try. Here’s the download link for complete ROM.
- MIUI 12.5 for Redmi Note 9S [FULL ROM] (Download Link)
Before upgrading your smartphone, must take a backup of all data and charge your device to at least 50%.
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: